Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: W?reldbeker, World Cup, Weltmeistershaft; its coming, yet we debate colons?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Nice that we'll have a completely new World Cup winner this year.
    Indeed, very cool.

None the less, damnit Germany, grrr.

Spain look like they should demolish the rather fragile Dutch...

It will be two teams fighting to the last minute. Should be an outstanding game.
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

So, is it over?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    So, is it over?
    No, not yet. Today is the finals.

Spain vs Netherlands.

I'll be for Spain then. I'm still mourning the loss of my
    beloved Brazilliards, but they shall be avenged!
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

It's done.

Good atmosphere during the game, watched at the EXIT reggae stage along with a huge number of Dutch guys, and a smaller but vocal Spanish crowd, as well as the usual contingent of Brits and Serbs.

For me, the best team of the tournament won - which is actually pretty rare, so its all good.

Yeah I watched it at some pizza/wings place.. Funny to hear all the OHHHH or NOOO's. Both teams had more than their fair share of fouls/yellow cards. Would have liked to have seen the underdog win it or even a shoot out but meh, Spain deserved it for sure.

Yeah, I am not sure I have ever seen so many yellow cards in a match... lots of very poor tackling, and one karate kick Cantona would have been proud of - hard to tell who was luckier, De Jong for not getting sent off, or Alonso for not apparently breaking any ribs.

And you couldn't accuse the ref of trigger-happiness either. If anything, he was lenient. Iniesta for instance didn't get carded at all for a revenge foul, a red card offence (he later got booked for taking off his shirt after the goal). I guess he figured the way the teams were already beating up on each other the Netherlands shouldn't complain about getting one little revenge foul (looking at you, de Jong).

I find it utterly hilarious that some Dutch players after the match had the gall to be pissed at the referee because one goal kick should have been a corner kick. You should have had 8 guys on the field by the end of the match and Spain should have been one up after a penalty. I was really disappointed, at times, with the sportsmanship the Dutch displayed, so I was definitely rooting for Spain (the fact that it allows us to claim "second best team of the tournament", after a fashion, figured in that too, of course).
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Yeah, any Dutch dudes complaining about the refereeing should be thankful their team were not down to 9 men before half time. No one really wants to see the World Cup final decided because one team go a man down, but van Bommel and de Jong could easily been sent off by Webb, who did a pretty good job considering the Dutch hack and slash approach.

And much as he is brilliant footballer, Robben is a whiny bitch.

I wanted to like Holland this year, but their attitude had already turned me off in the semis, and the final was worse.

Sure, Spain did some diving as well, but most of the time they hit the deck it was a cos of horrendous fouls, so yeah complaining Dutch dudes, shut up