Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: W?reldbeker, World Cup, Weltmeistershaft; its coming, yet we debate colons?

nathrakh Guest

I didn't know of the world cup until few days ago when they had already played the first games.. I find soccer to be boring; I'd rather watch Tennis. That being said I also find football hooligans annoying with their mindless shouting and OT speculation ALL OVER THE FUCKING INTERNET. Really, get together to some forum and discuss there.

Holy crap it's a forum thread I don't take a particular interest in! WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Well, I guess considering that the Spanish team is commonly accepted to be the best of the world and would never end up losing to a B-class European side you must clearly know what you're talking about OH WAIT
    Oh, true, I have no idea what I was talking about because my country lost, that makes a lot of sense. So now you have no idea either, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    I didn't know of the world cup until few days ago when they had already played the first games.. I find soccer to be boring; I'd rather watch Tennis. That being said I also find football hooligans annoying with their mindless shouting and OT speculation ALL OVER THE FUCKING INTERNET. Really, get together to some forum and discuss there.
    THIS THREAD IS CLEARLY LABELED AS A WORLD CUP THREAD, AND IS ORGANISED UNDER GENERAL DISCUSSION, WHY DO I HAVE TO READ ABOUT THE WORLD CUP HERE, THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.

/hotlinked

The Germans were unlucky to be down to ten men - I have never seen so many yellow cards, and in the second half, dominated possession, and created several good chances - tomorrows match will be very interesting indeed.

Meanwhile, USA and Slovenia failed to take maximum points - well done USA for another hard fought draw, so a win for England will put them firmly in the driving seat. Well actually, they will share the driving with Slovenia if they win, and will thus find the journey to the second round much easier, as everyone knows long trips are easier with two drivers... Well that analogy didn't work very well, never mind.

Come on England.
    Srbija, Srbija, Srbija!

I didn't watch the game but I really didn't expect Germany to lose this one... that's very sad. I was hoping for incredible german matches all through the WC.
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

Quote Originally Posted by warheart View Post
    Oh, true, I have no idea what I was talking about because my country lost, that makes a lot of sense. So now you have no idea either, right?
    It's called "responding in kind". Adom only explicitly said Ballack played very poorly at EURO 2008 and posted the reasons for his view (even though Ballack is awesome - for the record, I don't really think Adom is dumb, sorry Adom). You just said "Ballack sucks". What am I supposed to do with "Ballack sucks"? It sounded as if you expected us (me, I guess, being the resident German) to just accept that he sucks because you said so, otherwise, what's the point of posting? The only thing I could work with was that you're Spanish, and possibly you believe because you're Spanish and your national team rocks that gives you some sort of authority on the topic of German defensive midfielders suckage. And since I had recent evidence to support that the Spanish national team does not, in fact, rock, I posted on that. My reply, in this case, was intended to be meant as seriously as your original post.

I detect a hint of actual offendedness in that post - if I actually offended you or anyone else in this thread with my crazy talk, I deeply apologize. I post without thinking way more often than I should. You're perfectly justified in heaping some scorn of your own on the German national team, in either case. We sure earned it.
    Last edited by Silfir; 06-18-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    . You're perfectly justified in heaping some scorn of your own on the German national team, in either case. We sure earned it.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha, the Germans are losers na quadrat - they couldn't even beat a quality Serbian side with one more player. Pathetic.

/somehow this was lacking

I am just patiently waiting for October when the hockey season will start.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

> I actually offended you or anyone else in this thread with my crazy talk

You offended me with your crazy talk.
    Wait, am I to understand this so-called sport did just match
    up a team of 10 players vs 11? If that is true, you should
    all just admit it is a multi-nation farce more than sport.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Well I have seen some piss poor performances from the England team in the past, but this might just have been the worst I have ever seen them play. Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard, players quite well known in the premiership for you know, not being totally shit, were useless. Hell, England's best player before he was subbed off was Emile bloody Heskey - he might not score any goals, but at least he actually got involved.

England, you suck donkey balls.