Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troubles with Dwarftown

Default Troubles with Dwarftown

So, I was using the altar in dwarftown to check the B/U/C status of my items when I made a very, very bad mistake: I held down the 'A' key in order to pick up all my items quickly.
    I also didn't take my finger off the 'A' key quite quickly enough, and this caused me to use Alchemy on whatever the first two eligible ingredients happened to be, which produced the ever-fun Alchemical explosion. It shredded some of my nicer luxuries (My everburning torch, and my spellbook of Strength of Atlas ) but that's not the problem.
    The problem is that the explosion hit the Dwarftown priest, and he was not amused. I teleported to the downstairs & escaped D-town before he could kill me, but I'm left with a few questions.

First, what will happen if I go back to Dwarftown? There were some hostile 'Muscular Dwarves' waiting by the downstairs, but none of the other dwarves were hostile (I think...).
    Second, is there anyway to pacify Dwarftown? I have a few spare Blink Dog corpses in the shop just in case I ever lose TeleControl, and so far it has the only altar I've encountered. I'd also like to be able to hit up the dwarven mystic & the rest of the quests.
    Finally, is there any easier way to pick up large stacks of items? I know you can use Ctrl-P but what I'm really looking for is something like in Nethack where you can select every item of a specific type with one button.

Thanks!

You can pacify individual NPCs by letting them kill a pet (I think it's a bug). Probably most of DT will be hostile at this point... biggest concern is whether or not Waldenbrook is hostile, since he's the only one who's dangerous.

Pressing ; will let you pick up an entire stack. I don't know whether there's a way to pick up, say, all potions. You can configure your autopickup to do it I guess.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Lure the muscular dwarves out of Dwarftown and kill them. Lure the priest off of the level but do not kill him, just put him in some room, lock the door and teleport away.

If the rest of DT is hostile, then you are out of luck. No way to pacify.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Pressing ; will let you pick up an entire stack. I don't know whether there's a way to pick up, say, all potions. You can configure your autopickup to do it I guess.
    i always mess this one but should be

:=
    AutoPickup = !
    Ctrl+a
    Move on potions

It is possible for most NPC and shop still be nonhostile as long as you do not kill priest or kill any dwarf on that level. However most likely you are out of mystic rewards...

Not sure about pet thing, the only time i saw it working is calming after makng mobs hostile via :s.
    Last edited by Soirana; 06-15-2010 at 02:57 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Alright, I snuck back in to Dwarftown and it Waldenbrook is hostile. He was in the temple for some reason, so I robbed his store
    I'm going to lure all the Muscular Dwarves out & trap the priest in a closet somewhere, but what should I do about Waldenbrook? With coward tactics I have 52 DV, 16 PV and only 80 HP, would that be even close to enough to safely lure him to a closet somewhere? I've never really angered shopkeepers so I'm not exactly sure what they're capable of.

Also thanks for the tip about ; it's already made my game so much easier. Is there something similar for dropping items?

Edit: Waldenbrook ninja'd over to the stairs while I was pulling muscular dwarves out and dropped me down to -118hp in one round. Tough guy.
    Last edited by scl; 06-15-2010 at 04:02 AM.

Ctrl-d is best for dropping.

Waldenbrook will destroy you if you try to fight him in melee, (probably in 1 turn!) and he's way, way faster than you (shopkeepers normally have ~140 speed). You might be able to make him panic and run away though... cast darkness and beat on him for awhile.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Ctrl-d is best for dropping.
    I prefer (:d). Minus parentheses, of course. From there, you can hit (+) to drop your entire inventory, (Y) to drop unpaid items, and lots of other options. Really convenient for dumping huge piles of loot on aligned altars.

To pick up it's better to use ;+ Y keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Snock View Post
    I prefer (:d). Minus parentheses, of course. From there, you can hit (+) to drop your entire inventory, (Y) to drop unpaid items, and lots of other options. Really convenient for dumping huge piles of loot on aligned altars.
    Yes. It is also the best way to generate a crash to desktop. Be sure to create backups if you plan on using this one. (By the way, I think the crash actually triggers more if you drop the stuff on altars. Are you still so sure?)

I use this drop all the time, and had this crash just once, as far as I recall. So its safer than saving Kelly on my system. YMMV.