Thread: weapon for an wizard (DE)

Default weapon for an wizard (DE)

found:
    admnt spear (this skilled 6lvl)
    staff of the Magi {+8Ma}
    Mace of destr
    have a medium cristl sheild [+9 +4]

What would be better?

(have played the whole last year with this coward Spr+Shld combo, and bored)

Another shield?

If not, the mace has best damage no?

im still lvl 15 and havn't acess to the Library, so spelpoints is very needed for me and weapon can do its work

Sure after Rift i'll use double shields for deeping the CoC

At the moment I'm playing a GE Wizard and I use an adamantium spear+crystal tower shield and I'm berserking (expect aganist some really nasty monsters where I only use my spells). But if you're really bored with spears, then use the mace. Giving up using a shield is pretty dangerous for a wizard.
    "The avatar I was... now the fool I am. Heed the warning."

Mace. 10chars

Keeping the shield is more sensible, but staff of the magi is more stylish. Choose at your own volition.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

have chosen mace =)
    As DE hero has enough Mana for MP and +8 isnt a lot for Luck modifier.
    And Staff of the Mage is wooden so Tower seems to be a problem for it.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebrather View Post
    And Staff of the Mage is wooden so Tower seems to be a problem for it.
    It's an artifact and artifacts are indestructible, regardless of the material. So never fear taking them into the Tower.

No, it isn't. The artifact is the Staff of the Archmagi. Staff of the Magi can be destroyed in the Tower.
    "The avatar I was... now the fool I am. Heed the warning."

Incidentally, do people really obsess so much about using spear and shield?

I mean, I know the DV thing looks good on paper, but I tend to just use the best weapon I have available at the time, which is of course also monster I am attacking dependent. Sure, if you refuse point blank to milk orcs and gnolls, but milk orc scorchers religiously, your spear may well be you best weapon, in which case use it, but I often end up using maces, axes, daggers, even swords... Actually, pretty much the only weapon/missile class I very rarely train beyond level 6 is staves...

I think my first win, an elf wizard of course, used a staff sometimes, but he spent most time with Nonack for the Wi bonus... other than that, I suck at roll playing wizards apparently, cos I really don't use staves very often, at all. Not with monks either.