View Poll Results: Are you interested in iADOM?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

30 29.41%
  • I'm not sure.

11 10.78%
  • No!

46 45.10%
  • Only if it's available for the iPhone too.

15 14.71%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: iADOM - how big is your interest?

Not sure. To keep it N= of course!
    If I ever own an ipad, why not? But I do not see that likely to happen within the next decade or so... maybe after a brainwash of some sort followed by a thourough ipersuasion course?
    It looks more like a technical challenge than a market from my point of view, so I'm glad if it makes it through - just for the satisfaction of completing a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    :-) I never considered that and thanks due to Steve Jobs rather permissible stance on programming languages for iPad/iPhone there is no risk of that ever happening. JADE is written in Java and Java is not available on iAnything, so there you go ;-)

Android is a different matter though. But never mobile-only.
    Android would be cool, but I can't see JADE managing to run well on a little ARM processor. Still, it'd be one extra reason for me to get a fancy new phone...

If iADOM gets released on the iPhone 4 then I'll pay my girlfriend to download it (since she recently got one of those). I have to say POWDER works quite well on it, though I still have trouble imagining a good ADOM interface for such a small screen. iPad seems much easier to port to, but ultimately is such an exclusive gadget. Still, I think there are enough roguelikers in general that would buy it, even if the hardcore ADOM community is less receptive.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Uhhh, I think you might be mistaken... I was under the impression that all iPhone apps were Java based.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Nope. No Java support. I think you can trust Thomas Biskup and wikipedia on this one
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post
    I personally find the idea of iADOM laughable and can not understand at all why TB wishes to spend any time on it.
    I guess it's for money, because people actually buy i-games. And iPads/phones. I can't see any other reason to make games to hilariously stupid platform like iPad.

I did briefly look up the iPad only because of ADOM's possible link
    to it. It seems rather like a very small notebook to me. Is there a
    drastic distinction/advantage which does escape me?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

It's expensive, but has a cool looking touchscreen. And Apple geeks obviously spontaneously ejaculate when they see one. Personally I prefer cheap netbooks.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Netbooks are crap. iPad is slightly better crap. It really depends on the person's requirements for a platform. iPad is exceptionally good for very casual mobile computer users.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    I guess it's for money, because people actually buy i-games. And iPads/phones. I can't see any other reason to make games to hilariously stupid platform like iPad.
    I don't think so.

I don't know what exactly a "gesch?ftsf?hrender Gesellschafter" (managing partner) is, but it doesn't sound like a low-paid position Whatever his motivation, its propably not money.

(On the other hand, those apple products are relatively "in" right now, maybe he just wants to get ADOM to a broader audience... again. I'd applaud *that*, but I still wont buy an iPad and would very much prefer a timely JADE release)

Netbooks are crap. iPad is slightly better crap. It really depends on the person's requirements for a platform. iPad is exceptionally good for very casual mobile computer users.
    More expensive, not better. I mean, I can install Linux on a netbook
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post
    maybe he just wants to get ADOM to a broader audience... again. I'd applaud *that*
    Indeed - I guess if they do a good job on the interface, it could be pretty successful, and yeah, somehow I don't think Herr Doktor Biskup is short of a few bob- ADOM will most likely remain more about love than money.

Still, if iADOM explodes and makes millililliions, bringing the release of JADE out of the chaos plane and into the realm of reality, so much the better