Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: yavp gnome druid

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Dudley considers using missile weapons dishonourable. Don't worry about it.
    And he loves to troll the YAVP forums to tell everyone about it as well. Not sure why.

Nice work mackthaknife.

..im alright with that, everybody have own unique style and methods for adom, and i support that. but, that look like: i play it like that so everybody must play it like that, or else you are sissy girl..

Quote Originally Posted by mackthaknife View Post
    ..im alright with that, everybody have own unique style and methods for adom, and i support that. but, that look like: i play it like that so everybody must play it like that, or else you are sissy girl..
    Absolutely not. you may have your own way of playing. Missiles weapon just spoil the fun, and the win, if used much. Or at all in fact.

This is my sole opinion and i do not wish to push it onto others. I was just stating that you had HIGH levels in those, in my opinion.

edit : Then again, it's a gnomish druid.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    This is my sole opinion and i do not wish to push it onto others.
    Dude, you enter practically every YAVP thread and say something negative about missile users. I mean, if you were so dedicated about pissing on piety overflow abusers then I could understand, but missile users? Missiles are a part of the game. You don't like them very much. We know.

agree, i prefer to stick to some self-made restrictions, not extreme tho, im not hardcore player (its sacrilege to develop non twohander and rockthrower trol, to name one), and to fair play of course, without putting it in the air so loudly. and, i like it when i see one of you adomers playing it in a different way, not abusing it of course. what i dont like is disapproving someone sticking to given, default game rules and resources. peace

Congratulations, macthaknife, a gnome druid is quite a rare r/c combo to win with.

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Am I wrong, or is 'Darfindel' a legacy name from brinkster?
    Darfindel is the default name for gnomes if you have default names on.

wow, don't think I've enabled autonames since gamma 15ish
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I don't think I was even aware of the possibility of auto-naming .

All my PCs end up being called stuff like GobRk, Tidnab, sdfda, lkjfdsa or very very occasionally, Cutepup.

Then I get a decent PC going and decide lkjdsaf is a kinda crap name for a great hero, and rename it to something really crap instead.

Quote Originally Posted by vogonpoet View Post
    I don't think I was even aware of the possibility of auto-naming .

All my PCs end up being called stuff like GobRk, Tidnab, sdfda, lkjfdsa or very very occasionally, Cutepup.

Then I get a decent PC going and decide lkjdsaf is a kinda crap name for a great hero, and rename it to something really crap instead.
    Mashing keyboard for names is great, I always do that. Sometimes you get really great names that way.

That being said - what auto-names and how?

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
    Mashing keyboard for names is great, I always do that. Sometimes you get really great names that way.

That being said - what auto-names and how?
    In the config file, set Allow_Default_Names = true. Then when you get to the name PC screen, just press enter instead of giving a name.

Note that there is a bug associated with generating multiple PCs of the same name this way (see the "very exploitable bug" thread in the main forum).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.