Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolutionism vs creationism

Quote Originally Posted by littlebrather View Post
    Oh, incredibly powerful arguments.
    Boredom can go out to be animal instinct, that has no relation with God.
    God made men at his image. Men are animals. Therefore god is an animal. Therefore god got boredom out of animal instinct, if it is true that it is instinctive to be bored, which remains to be proved. I've never seen a bored animals sides a human being.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

God made men at his image...(Therefore god is an animal)
    You are so brave, but to be honest you are not right. Human nature is a subject of the billions of the theological disputes, so this phrase is only allowed in Sunday school then you are ten or drunk.
    And this is only about Christianity, just to point.

I've never seen a bored animals
    Just go to the Zoo at winter evening and look at the monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Well, suppose you will be faced with a situation where you can choose either A or B. God knows a priori that you will pick B. Given this, is it possible that, when you reach that situation, you will choose A, even though God knows you will choose B? If so, what does that say about God's omniscience? If not, how is it any different from the situation where choice A was completely unavailable to you? If God knows what you will do in advance, then you are essentially deterministic: you can do nothing but follow the path that God has foreseen for you. From the moment you are born/created, God knows whether or not you will ultimately end up in heaven or in hell. How can your choices possibly influence that outcome?
    had to quote this. Just need to point out that has been argued so many different ways. "Either god can create a stone so large even he could not lift it, or he cant create a stone so large he couldnt lift it. Either way theres something god cant do."

blah blah blah. People look at this "god" as a being. Not a being. I'd say more like a force. Who's to say dark matter or dark energy isnt "god"? I mean without dark matter, the universe would collapse. Sounds pretty important to me.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

ANYWAYS! Just face it guys, humans are just aliens. Either dropped off here from another planet, or we were a genetic experiment by aliens to see if they could forcably evolve a life form. I mean, of ALL the species of this entire planet, why are humans the ONLY one that developed the way we did? Been stated by historians that back in the day when we were just hunter/gatherers Wolves and Humans were the top two predators and had very similar behavior. Why did we suddenly develope complex societies, speech centers, cognitive though processes, and all these "emotions"?

Aliens. Or Alien experiment. Go watch ancient astronauts on the history channel.

they returning!
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

> God knows a priori that you will pick B. Given this, is it possible that, when you reach
    > that situation, you will choose A,

TB created ADOM, yet didn't know how alex won with a level 1 PC.
    The 'creator' doesn't have to know everything.

> we were a genetic experiment by aliens to see if they could forcably evolve a life form

That's crazy talk... humans were force evolved by the earth itself. After the
    last meteor hit, it went "OUCH!" and decided dino's just weren't the way
    to go. It scrapped them in favor of a high-IQ/opposable-thumb recipe, as
    a meteorite immuno defense system. duh.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Sradac View Post
    we were a genetic experiment by aliens
    I'm convinced. We're the result of a genetic experiment of intelligent aliens. And don't ask where the intelligent aliens came from. That's obvious - they were the result of a genetic experiment of other intelligent aliens. No evolution needed to explain our origins, yay!
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Four completely separate points here

I personally believe that god is an actual, physicial being.

Just because he knows what you're going to do doesn't limit your free will. Sherlock Holmes is a good example of this. He could determine what his opponent was going to do and plan for it. God can do the same thing, but to a much greater degree. Some people will bull-headedly refuse his help, no matter what intervention is provided.

I think one reason we are so upset about Hell is because we don't understand the alternative. I mean, *everyone* knows that Hell is "fire & brimstone" (though afterwards the explanations would split off mightily). But what's the other option, the 'choose not to play' option? Is that better or worse than going to Hell?

In my opinion, organized religion should be teaching us enough about the afterlife to make an informed decision, then help us get to whichever "place" we want.

Quote Originally Posted by minchazo
    In my opinion, organized religion should be teaching us enough about the afterlife to make an informed decision, then help us get to whichever "place" we want.
    The problem here is no living person who has the capability to instruct others has any knowledge of what an afterlife would really be like. To supply the masses with mere speculation as if it were truth is not a good thing, regardless of intention.

Quote Originally Posted by minchazo
    I mean, *everyone* knows that Hell is "fire & brimstone"
    I don't think there is any fire and brimstone in hell. It is a place that is completely lacking the presence of God and love.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Quote Originally Posted by minchazo View Post
    I think one reason we are so upset about Hell is because we don't understand the alternative. I mean, *everyone* knows that Hell is "fire & brimstone" (though afterwards the explanations would split off mightily). But what's the other option, the 'choose not to play' option? Is that better or worse than going to Hell?
    Most religions i know of do one of the following things about that option :
    1) "That option is simply inexistent!"
    2) "You may choose to see the right path or not once you die."
    3) "You are an atheist heretic fool, and therefore will lie for eternity in hell, then vanish."

I personnally think of another category of people which are a huge problem : Doublethinkers. For those who didn't read 1984, it's people capable of accepting two contradictory things at the same time. In this case, people firmly believing in good AND evil values. Where do they go
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

> I don't think there is any fire and brimstone in hell. It is a place that is completely
    > lacking the presence of God and love.

I think it's just having to do earth again

We are cosmic spirits re-rolling earthling PC's in hopes that we get a good one. We
    forget each time though, about having to enter with a blank slate. Because of this, we
    don't have full control over our guys. Your last one could have believed completely
    opposite to your current one, as your spirit can only guide. It's an ultra if you can
    get enough people to believe in you
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."