Quote Originally Posted by littlebrather
quantum physics abuse the world 'choice' strongly
Quantum physics does not talk about choice at all. This is going to come across as very rude, but I feel the need to say it anyway: if you don't know anything about quantum physics, it's probably best not to try to make any claims about it. Especially if there are people around who actually do know something about the field.

Quote Originally Posted by minchazo View Post
Four completely separate points here

I personally believe that god is an actual, physicial being.
Think very carefully about this before you answer. What exactly do you mean when you say that God is "physical"?

Just because he knows what you're going to do doesn't limit your free will. Sherlock Holmes is a good example of this. He could determine what his opponent was going to do and plan for it. God can do the same thing, but to a much greater degree. Some people will bull-headedly refuse his help, no matter what intervention is provided.
Two things. First, Sherlock Holmes is a fictional character. Therefore his abilities to predict human behaviour have no particular bearing on the real world. Second, even if he was a real person, Sherlock Holmes does not have the ability to know the future; he can only predict the actions of people to varying degrees of success. There is a big difference between saying that God has the ability to know with a high degree of certainty which outcome will come about, and saying that the only outcome that come about is the one that God has foreseen. Omniscience is incompatable with free will; superior knowledge, wisdom, and intelligence to what is available to us is not.

I think one reason we are so upset about Hell is because we don't understand the alternative. I mean, *everyone* knows that Hell is "fire & brimstone" (though afterwards the explanations would split off mightily). But what's the other option, the 'choose not to play' option? Is that better or worse than going to Hell?
Well, to a Buddhist, non-existence is their closest equivalent to Heaven, so they'd probably be okay with it. A lot of other people would probably be pretty happy taking non-existence over eternal torture. The Bible expressly does not give non-existence as an option, however (at least not to people who were born after the death of Jesus). There are a fairly substantial group of Christians who do not believe in a literal Hell (or believe in annhiliation as opposed to Hell); this is presumably because they recognize how unreasonably unjust and immoral the idea of a literal biblical Hell actually is.