Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's play "How will the RNG kill my character?"

RNG kills can be prevented. If you go near the banshee without plugged ears and drinking a potion of deafness and wearing amulet against undead, then you are putting your life into the hands of the RNG.

Stone block traps are avoided by playing a dwarf who searches 50 times before moving every step.

RNG can be avoided- most of us are too lazy, including myself.

Like Angband people say- if you take too many chances that have a 1% chance of death, you will die before you win- a lot.
    Closers- GE Wizard, DE Beastfighter, DE Barb
    Ultras- DE Barb ULE
    OCG- Maybe someday
    ADOM projects- Overheat style LP -maybe.

tp works on every level of the maze

it is also not savescumming to make backups periodically,
    in case of power outages
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Yes, it is. If you also understand how to calculate top trap type, it makes the maze so much easier. Make sure to have some form of confusion resistance to combat the minotaur mages. Also, some disable on the emperor himself would be highly recommended.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Well damn that was stupid.

I was not really enjoying the maze, and was seriously beginning to consider mucking around with the top trap calculations in order to get through... All sorts of minotars were dying, and my PC was not under threat.

So how did I die? Magic missile and a typo - I auto-executed my best most promising elementalist with a stupid '8' instead of a '9'. I guess this is an argument to not play with a laptop - a numeric keypad would have made this death much less likely. Of course, occasionally glancing at ones keyboard whilst using risky spells in confined places would help also.

Damn damn damn. That dude was awesome .
    Last edited by vogonpoet; 08-01-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vogonpoet View Post
    Well damn that was stupid.

I was not really enjoying the maze, and was seriously beginning to consider mucking around with the top trap calculations in order to get through... All sorts of minotars were dying, and my PC was not under threat.

So how did I die? Magic missile and a typo - I auto-executed my best most promising elementalist with a stupid '8' instead of a '9'. I guess this is an argument to not play with a laptop - a numeric keypad would have made this death much less likely. Of course, occasionally glancing at ones keyboard whilst using risky spells in confined places would help also.

Damn damn damn. That dude was awesome .
    I wish by some miracle there will be a day when someone executes himself with a bouncing bolt and does this during filming himself. The expression on his face will be the most hilarious thing in the world.
    Hell, I will be super glad if there is at least sound recording of "Oh.. <presses space> .. what the <presses space> .. OH FFFFFFFFFFFFU..!! <presses enter> ... <silence> ... <silence> ... damn <looking at final log>".
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

closest thing we have to that is Grey berserking a floating eye
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

My turn...
    Trollish Ranger St:32 To:22 Finds a 2h eternium sword right next to the stairs in the SMC and then the staircase down in the next room.

Starves before reaching CoC, obviously.

Sorry but I'm actually doing just fine on food; carrying around 10 rations along with other stuff and about to hit the arena so I don't think food will be a problem for me

Obviously, the lack of a shield and DV means a paralyser will do you in.
    Closers- GE Wizard, DE Beastfighter, DE Barb
    Ultras- DE Barb ULE
    OCG- Maybe someday
    ADOM projects- Overheat style LP -maybe.