Thread: Drunk

Default Drunk

Does anything change when you are drunk?
    New challenge game:
    Alcoholic man.

I think I remember reading in the manual that speed reduces
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

And i remember reading somewhere that it's bad for reading spellbooks
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Can't really base a challenge game on it since it's very hard to sustain Drunk status for an extended period of time. Though I guess you can add a roleplaying restriction to always drink booze immediately when found and never use it for anything else.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

The main challenge of such a game would be sitting through the many, many, many iterations of "talk to Torgall - answer 'y'es to buy an ale - listen to the boring rumour - chat again" ad nauseam.

This is the only way i know to get drunk for extended periods of time and i don't know how long the drunkness lasts; not very long per drink, and while it appears to be cumulative (you get drunk for longer if you buy more ale), about a hundred ales appeared to last for barely over thousand turns.

At least Torgall never seems to tell you that you've had enough for one evening.

Does his ale satiate? If so, you should be able to lock him in a corner using wands of door creation, prevent others from reaching any square next to you with more doors, and write a script that alternates "C" and "y" until you run out of gold.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

The question is, though, why bother?

iirc, in original challenge player should be drunk also... that one i understand.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

dwarf barbarian rolled on 12/31 should get, maybe, 12 boozes,
    could quaff enough to make it to beggarville, but it's too hard
    to gen them
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

For bonus points, be drunk in real life as well as in game.
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki