Thread: bizarre poolsipping

Default bizarre poolsipping

this one has to be the mother of all poolsipping sessions:
    I got 3 (!) wishes, death,para,acid and poison resist. Of course all I was after was tp control. I didn't dare continue after the third wish and just asked for the rings.

perfect example of quitting while you're ahead :P

wishing for helms of teleport control work, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    perfect example of quitting while you're ahead :P

wishing for helms of teleport control work, yeah?
    Nah man. Let's think.
    AoLS, SLBs, dragon mail.
    He still needs amulets of beauty to get better deals in the shops!
    What did you wish for BTW?

Well the aim is to play as quick a game as possible so I had some trouble with what to wish for. I did go for the amulet but possibly just tp books is better here, there is of course one if you save the sage but still. Second was for Acid Ball, which is good for all temples, maybe this one can also be improved. No need for dragon armor as that lovely shield from Kherab provides fire immunity. I did not know there was a helm of tp control, never seen it. Still, the rings are safe in the tower whereas I could lose the helm right?
    Now three wishes is just crazy but one is not so (well, it happens at least...) uncommon when going for tp control in Darkforge, how is it best spent really?

spells books of acid ball are indeed an excellent wish for speedrunners.

There is no helmet of teleport control - there is only a helm of teleportation.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    Now three wishes is just crazy but one is not so (well, it happens at least...) uncommon when going for tp control in Darkforge, how is it best spent really?
    Personally I always go for rings of teleport control when wishes happen, though I sometimes feel like I should go for something better. Still, fact is if you don't get the teleport control from the pools then the whole char is wasted. If I had an extra wish I'd probably go for more Teleport spellbooks (since it's easy to run out of castings) or spellbooks of acid ball. It's important not to fully read the books till you have a respectable Le score though.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!