Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny Bug

Default Funny Bug

Every so often I'll attack some monster, and he'll decide to "fight to the death in a blind rage". The weird thing is if there isn't anyone next to him, he'll attack himself resulting in a message I got like this:

"The fire grue is hit by the icy bolt! The fire grue is badly injured by the icy blast. The fire grue decides to fight the the death in a blind rage! The fire grue attacks the fire grue. The fire grue is destroyed! The fire grue suddenly looks more powerful."

This isn't the first time something like this has happened so it's probably already been documented, but I thought I'd post it if for nothing but the humor value. Also, random question, is it possible to completely destroy the animated forest or do they keep spawning behind your back?

Quote Originally Posted by Codemonkey View Post
    Every so often I'll attack some monster, and he'll decide to "fight to the death in a blind rage". The weird thing is if there isn't anyone next to him, he'll attack himself resulting in a message I got like this:

"The fire grue is hit by the icy bolt! The fire grue is badly injured by the icy blast. The fire grue decides to fight the the death in a blind rage! The fire grue attacks the fire grue. The fire grue is destroyed! The fire grue suddenly looks more powerful."

This isn't the first time something like this has happened so it's probably already been documented, but I thought I'd post it if for nothing but the humor value. Also, random question, is it possible to completely destroy the animated forest or do they keep spawning behind your back?
    This bug is well-known and has been documented. For best results, try to get it to happen with a doppleganger. For worst results, use a pet (it results in a (fortunately salvageable but extremely annoying) crash).

You can clear the animated forest, I think, if you employ one of the following methods:
    1) Disable monster generation on the level. This can be by digging a trench along one of the sides of the level and filling the trench with breeding monsters such as worms. This works on any level, and is most commonly used in the Big Room. I've honestly never tested it in the AF, but I'd assume it would work just as well.

2) With the farsight spell and a high Pe character, you should be able to simultaneously kill all of the trees and be able to see the entire level (archer is good for this). No monsters will ever spawn within the PC's sight range. This isn't really a permanent solution, since as soon as your sight covers less than all of the level, the trees will return.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    2) With the farsight spell and a high Pe character, you should be able to simultaneously kill all of the trees and be able to see the entire level (archer is good for this). No monsters will ever spawn within the PC's sight range. This isn't really a permanent solution, since as soon as your sight covers less than all of the level, the trees will return.
    My test char (a bard) situated himself as close to the center of the room as is possible. As the room is an even number of squares wide, he was slightly closer to one side then the other.

With 35 perception, the farsight spell at effectivity 3, a blessed torch, and a blessed necklace of the eye, he was able to see every square of the level. Reduce perception to 34, or take away any of the items, and there were visible squares.

Y'know, I enjoy testing things like this.
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

only one torch?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Does the Banshees scream-radius increase with the Banshees level? If it does, it can be a working (but dangerous) solution.
    "The avatar I was... now the fool I am. Heed the warning."

Quote Originally Posted by zsomkovacs View Post
    Does the Banshees scream-radius increase with the Banshees level? If it does, it can be a working (but dangerous) solution.

That's actually why I was asking about the forest, I thought I could just banshee the place and raid the items in 10 minutes, but the re-spawning made it too much of a pain. I've been going around in circles for a while and the radius of the banshee hasn't increased noticeably.

AFAIK, Banshee range is always 3 squares. This means that sufficiently fast (and daring) PCs can kill her without ear protection.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Also, this is completely off topic but I don't want to start another thread for it:

Erwin Mascardo
    Amanda
    Ronald Neumann
    Stefanie Woll
    Dwight McDowell
    Tom Nowacki
    Richard Fowler
    Chris Koeberle
    Greg Wooledge
    Adam Taylor
    Torsten Edelmann
    John Michaud
    Adam Rixey
    William Tanksley
    David Loewenstern
    Katie Sehorn
    Matt Chatterley

&-ing = easter egg? This is probably documented through the roof but I just found it and thought it was amusing. I wonder if wishing for any of these guys will do anything, most likely just a "nothing happens".

Easter egg, yes. Also, you could try entering your own name.

This is probably documented through the roof but
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Easte...Monster_Memory

I wonder if wishing for any of these guys will do anything, most likely just a "nothing happens".
    "That's a foolish wish! Try again."
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki