Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adom on n900

Does Putty not work on Windows mobile?
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Does Putty not work on Windows mobile?
    There's a port that supposedly does (PocketPuTTY), but it was last updated in 2007, and doesn't actually work on modern devices.

I just have a N800 but I probably have the greatest ADOM setup in the world for a handheld device.

It only took me about a year to figure it all out. *lol*

Anyway, you should catch my post over at TMO.

Ancient Domains of Mystery

Right now I have nothing since I'm still waiting for Jaakos to fire back up his server.

There are also web-based SSH clients that you can install in an Apache server, like Ajaxterm, and then use any device with a Javascript-enabled browser to connect to it. But of course, this will not be useful until the server is back up (and also, it would probably add some extra lag)...

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    There are also web-based SSH clients that you can install in an Apache server, like Ajaxterm, and then use any device with a Javascript-enabled browser to connect to it. But of course, this will not be useful until the server is back up (and also, it would probably add some extra lag)...
    Wonderful. My server already has Apache and an ssh server installed in it, so as long as my phone can make Ajaxterm work, I'm in business. Since I'm guessing demand will be pretty low, I can even make the Ajaxterm publicly accessible for the rest of you once jaakos' server is back up - it'll work for connecting to any server, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Setremedes View Post
    it'll work for connecting to any server, correct?
    Yes, to my knowledge it's a full-fledged SSH client that you can use to connect to any server.

It'd be great if you make it available to the rest of ADOMers in the forum, although you might want to add some kind of weak password protection so that random people don't use it for non-ADOMy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    Yes, to my knowledge it's a full-fledged SSH client that you can use to connect to any server.

It'd be great if you make it available to the rest of ADOMers in the forum, although you might want to add some kind of weak password protection so that random people don't use it for non-ADOMy things.
    Yeah, that's what I was considering; it wouldn't be that hard to set up a password. If I'm feeling evil I'll make it that unspellable bandit town's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Setremedes View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was considering; it wouldn't be that hard to set up a password. If I'm feeling evil I'll make it that unspellable bandit town's name.
    I wouldn't mind that, actually I don't see why people think it's so hard to spell.
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

I find it hard to spell because I haven't called it by its real name in years. Once I learned it was an anagram for "Hole in the wall", that is the only name I have refered to it by.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

What's so hard about spelling Llawenilothehl?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.