Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: Sign up!

You registered, just to participate. That's awesome!
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Thats what I did too of course. This time last year

I'm going to be a pain and ask to be moved from 'maybe server' to 'server'. Thanks .
    Loitering with intent to loiter.

Quote Originally Posted by F50 View Post
    I would like to change my answer from

"open to server play"

to

"Prefers server play"
    Yeah, I'm definitely also a "prefers server" player if we admit that kind of granularity in the answers.

I just chose "maybe server" because I want to make the organisers' lives easier if the numbers don't add up and they need me in a non-server league for some reason.

Also, I propose that the League of Light takes place on the server. It makes sense, you can spectate the League of Light but not the League of Darkness. This makes the naming scheme much more precise.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    You registered, just to participate. That's awesome!
    I have been playing ADOM for the past 12 years, off and on, without spoilers. A couple months ago I started hanging out in the ADOM channel on the FreeNode IRC network.

While a few minor spoilers have seeped out, the channel is mostly spoiler-free, and that's where I learned about this ... er, is it a "contest"? :-P Whatever you call this multiplayer event.

I had just started trying out ID dives for fun a few weeks ago, then heard about this contest. Synchronicity.

Well, better do your best to ignore the rest of these fourms - this place is spoiler central.

Is this game always at the same time of the year? Then I can remember it for next year...
    Should read the forum more carefully :P

Default for future reference

could I participate in this type of file swapping game as a Mac user using 1.1.1?

Moeba: Well this is just the second time we've run this competition. Might well happen again in May next year. We have frequent trials and challenges and other competitions going on all year round though - keep your eyes peeled.

magictrolloc: Um, I don't know actually. Try downloading one of the saves from any of the league threads and see if you can get it working! Since the Linux and Windows saves are compatible I imagine the Mac ones are too.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!