Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: Sign up!

Hybrid View

Default The Weakest Link '09: Sign up!

The Weakest Link '09 competition is now open for registration! Deadline was May 6th, 14:00 GMT. You can still sign up, but it's not guaranteed you'll get a spot!

The procedure is pretty simple, actually. Simply make a post in this thread indicating that you want to sign up, participate, that you're ready to roll, that you are looking forward to making all the others/the ID your bitches and so on.

Keep in mind the rules, and that you have to be able to use the DOS version or winbeta in the version 1.1.1. (UPDATE: Linux and notably ADOM sage are fair game too - the saves are compatible!)

If you'd like to participate using the server, please state this in your sign-up post. If you do so you might end up in a server league, so make sure you'll be able to play!

People who by some stroke of bad fortune are unable to use the DOS version or winbeta (or Linux or ADOM Sage) to play and can only participate through the server should state this explicitly.

That's all from me here - Register!

Players signed up so far, with their placement in last year's contest in bracket where applicable:

NO SERVER:

Maul (3rd place League of Water)
    Baranor (6th place League of Air)
    gut (1st place League of Water; 8th place League of Mana)
    mike
    IGB
    3AM
    CheatMan
    vogonpoet (5th place League of Fire)
    Epythic
    Xanthine
    Molach (3rd place League of Earth)
    Panda_Lord
    Soirana (1st place League of Fire; 2nd place League of Mana)
    Per_Killer
    Thing
    Subconscious (5th place League of Air)
    stakon
    PeanutGod (2nd place League of Earth, 1st place League of Mana)
    Conundrum
    Nehor
    Silwyr
    koctyxa
    Queue88
    Vale
    purge

MAYBE SERVER:

Grey (2nd place League of Fire, 7th place League of Mana)
    Laukku
    Silfir (4th place League of Air)
    meh
    tapi
    quik
    MakeReady
    BurnedToast
    coppro

SERVER:

psy_wombats
    nathrakh
    Ars (6th place League of Water)
    furious_styles
    Qui
    Covenant
    deepshock (3rd place League of Fire)
    evariste
    _Ln_
    JellySlayer
    F50
    riktikticheck (6th place League of Fire)
    Samus_Aran
    LuciusKain
    Al-Khwarizmi

Total: 49

Looks there will be at least one server league! Since I want to keep the league numbers as close to equal as possible people in the "Maybe Server" group may end up in a server league or they may not. Please specify if you prefer to play on the server, don't mind either way, or prefer not playing on the server!

I'm proud to announce that last year's winner PeanutGod has signed up to defend this title this year. Since runner-up Soirana is also with us the standard of play this year is bound not to be shamed by last year's

Any last year's participants you happen to know personally or be able to contact, send a note to 'em... Even though they are currently inactive I think they won't mind taking part again! The more the merrier, after all
    Last edited by Silfir; 05-06-2009 at 04:25 PM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I want to sign up, participate, am ready to roll, and looking forward to making all the others/the ID my bitches and so on. I'd prefer not to play on the server.

I'll give this a shot, and server is preferable.

Count me in. No server.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

In. No Server.

gut is in, and no servo please.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

You have something against Linux?

I would like to participate again ( such rotten luck last time )

i have no preference to server vs no-server.

I'm interested, with or without the server.

I would like to indicate that I wish to sign up and participate. I am ready to roll without the server, and am looking forward to committing suicide at the earliest/coolest opportunity as per usual. Danke.