Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most pathetic first vitory, High Elven Barbarian Shali

Necromancer? Survivability?

I think what you're looking for right there is a druid.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Katerchen View Post
    I got a crash after getting a nice high DV paladin up to level 21, so this game is lost.
    I'll give the same advice I was given... use the server if you can. I've had no problems with it.
    Loitering with intent to loiter.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusKain View Post
    I'll give the same advice I was given... use the server if you can. I've had no problems with it.
    Actually, the first time I played on the server, I walked into the SMC, trying to figure out the controls (not yet having set some settings). I walk a few steps, then crash! "Damn, we can't recover the game! Oh well, go again and be grateful that you didn't lose a really good level 50." I won't trust the recover feature that much if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post

Edit: Was thinking backwards, please excuse my earlier comment . Yar, druid is great at the beginning. It's the middle and the end that felt tough for me whenever I played one. Necromancer was tough in the beginning, moderate at the middle, and easier at the end, with all that magic.
    Last edited by Sadface; 04-22-2009 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Actually, the first time I played on the server, I walked into the SMC, trying to figure out the controls (not yet having set some settings). I walk a few steps, then crash! "Damn, we can't recover the game! Oh well, go again and be grateful that you didn't lose a really good level 50." I won't trust the recover feature that much if I were you.
    It does have a recover feature, though, so if you do crash there's at least a chance. Although I've never even crashed since using the server, let alone not had it recovered. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    Loitering with intent to loiter.

Quote Originally Posted by F50 View Post
    Unfortunately, barbarians have more serious problems reading spellbooks. The only way for them to really effectively use spells is to bookcast them after having learned them from a wand/potion of wonder.
    I once managed to learn Light and Darkness from blessed books as a barbarian (without Concentration) but never any other spells.

Cool game!
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post

I'm assuming when you say druid, you mean priest, right?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

first victories ar never pathetic they are most glorious by default. Trust me i do remember my first one while i forgot dozen of others...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)