Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Im back + need herbs tricks discussed + advice on mid late game again

protip 3: xp lvl 21 wizard has no use for big punch
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

To tell you the truth I was kind of surprised too. I hit him with a couple of Ice balls before he critcally hit me. I don't remember if I hit him each time or if some dwarves were near me so I tried not to use it on that turn or not; but I was bummed.

The first win I had was with a hurthling monk. I can recommend it as a starting class.
    The philosophy behind this character is that you utilise the speed inherent in monks together with the affinity hurthlings have for flinging rocks plus the fact that monks get an endless supply of these.
    A high leveled monk will take down greater molochs with his pebbles.
    The nice thing about this character is the fact that it doesn't require anything other than guaranteed items, the only non-guaranteed thing it relies upon is luck (though this last issue may not be such a minor one at all times).
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

Can you actually save the cute little dog? Whenever I find him he is dead. :-(

Sure you can. It's a good bit dependant on luck (PC needs to be relatively easy to climb down and up again, and the puppy needs to not die) and it helps to play characters that are quite overpowered for level 1. Give dwarven paladin a try.

Remember, the time limit is four days.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

In addition to what Silfir said, it is best to do this quest before anything else. And make sure to run past the ants, if you can. Even if your character is able to kill the ants, it just takes too much time. When you enter the cavernous cavern, light a torch if you have it. That way you can see further and discover the stairs down more quickly.

A dwarf paladin should be able to make it, or you might want to try it with an archer or spellcaster, if that's your style.

Also, remember that the quest is optional.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Not really before anything else... It's no use to go straight there if you're going to die from getting in over your head. You do get four days to do it. Taking the direct route through PC:5, without dawdling, you can get to PC:6 in under a day, 36 hours tops. If you spend two of your four days getting some early levels in the VD (or DD, though I would say killing Keethrax first is infeasible for but the most lucky dudes) that might help out. For instance, if you do it with, say, a high elven archer, the best way would definitely be to get Healing first. High elven archers are good for this since they can remove just about any obstacle rather quickly and start with decent armor.

Dwarven paladin is an example of a combo that really is capable of doing it before anything else. Still doesn't mean you have to though.
    Last edited by Silfir; 12-21-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Or you can just start a heiring bard. And go through the UD business first.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Funnily enough, that mostly works. If you survive the UD that is.

OK... Well, I jumped right in and created a grey elvin paladin. I've made it down to 6th floor. Some necromancer's minions are blocking my way.
    Thanks for the info! I didn't know I had four days.