Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cant find the key in Gnoll stronghold!

im confused as to how you are asking a gameplay question about an unmade game
    You don't have to be taught all that much; you just need to acquire more cautiousness, an almost healthy amount of sheer paranoia, and a more fine-tuned "OH SHIT RUN!" reflex. ~Silfir

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I disagree. The Whip of Commanding is simply awesome - if you're the correct alignment. It makes pets so much easier to handle.
    Only loosers fool with pets! They suck almost as much as they did in ADOM, as
    they still drain away half your xp. Personally, I find the 'reverse wood' reward to
    have more potential. You can brew it into a super-rare 'reverse potion' if you
    have the potion making skill (as my wizards always do), changing fire spells to
    ice is awesome. I still think there are other uses for it though, one might be
    able to chuck it at a hag and get blessed instead of cursed
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Throw it at a gorgon. You'll find the living dungeon, inside which you'll meet the fairy of power, which allows you to port to the high elemental dungeons (Volcano, Sky, Underground, Sea and Thought). There, you'll get the elemental fairies, which, in addition to being super useful to any elementalist (and moderately to any caster) Are nessecary to pass the First gate, leading to the Time Palace. This is absolutely vital for any short lived race, since you will become unaging when you finish that place.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Throw it at a gorgon. You'll find the living dungeon, inside which you'll meet the fairy of power, which allows you to port to the high elemental dungeons (Volcano, Sky, Underground, Sea and Thought). There, you'll get the elemental fairies, which, in addition to being super useful to any elementalist (and moderately to any caster) Are nessecary to pass the First gate, leading to the Time Palace. This is absolutely vital for any short lived race, since you will become unaging when you finish that place.
    It's only in Zelda mode, no?

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Only loosers fool with pets! They suck almost as much as they did in ADOM, as
    they still drain away half your xp.
    Not if you get the Beastiality talent on a bard - then every 24 hours you gain 60% of your pet's xp. After a trip to the gruelord's lair with my Salamander pet I went from level 47 to 63 in one night! Took a lot of permanent fire damage in the process though - won't be able to complete the Queen's Itch quest now
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Only loosers fool with pets!
    Only losers write "losers" with two o's.

Hey, you actually used the forum's quote function! How often does that happen?
    [/off topic]

Currently I have a Greater Destroyer as a pet that Destroys all nasty mobs easily, and the Whip ensures it won't turn against me. However I'm Evil- now, and I can't complete the Saint quest anymore.

By the way, has anyone tried using the Whip with townsfolk? Hilarious.

EDIT: Oh my god, the Greater Destroyer got just enough PV after gaining yet another level to be unaffected by the Whip. When I realised what had happened, the thing had already turned on me, and I'm in deep trouble now. Luckily I'm disintegration resistant, so I won't be instakilled, but I've already lost half of my gear.
    Last edited by Laukku; 10-08-2010 at 06:48 PM.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Did somebody say time travel?
    Ancient Domains of Insanity
    Insane Dungeon of the Rogues
    Twitch

If you happen to know of a location to a missing chapter of ADOI, please contact me. <3

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    Oh my god, the Greater Destroyer got just enough PV after gaining yet another level to be unaffected by the Whip. When I realised what had happened, the thing had already turned on me, and I'm in deep trouble now. Luckily I'm disintegration resistant, so I won't be instakilled, but I've already lost half of my gear.
    I thought I was done for, but luckily I managed to survive! And how did I do it? Well...

IMPORTANT YAGBU: Greater Destroyers are highly vulnerable to the Create Item spell. (Whoa, talk about TDTTOE! o_O) Probably ordinary Destroyers are as well, I don't know about Master Destroyers or higher. This obscure trick should be of great help to anyone having trouble with these bastards. Lucky that I accidentally casted Create Item instead of Greater Volcanic Eruption.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Prue View Post
    Did somebody say time travel?
    I think I did tomorrow.

Must say I'm enjoying the wrestler class. The obvious races, (troll, minotaur, giant) are fun, but try it with a hurthling! You have to play pretty conservatively at first and restrict your grappling to smaller enemies, but once you've got some strength built up, look out! (In case you haven't figured it out, the hurthling's thrown-weapons bonus applies to throwing enemies, too!)
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.

nathrakh Guest

So far I've only played a few games with an Archeologist. I got insanely lucky with one; I found the Gem of Fiery Retribution at low level when I digged some walls in a dungeon. If you didn't know, this one does AoE fire damage to all hostile mobs in 3 tile radius every 2 turns.. lower monsters die to one tick of this baby! Be careful of fire elementals (often found past DL 6+); they can hit an Archeologist hard! Actually I was unfortunate enough to encounter this "rare" named mob called Nombo the Witch. Apparently he was immune to my artifact and blasted me to oblivion with his/her spells. :-(