Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cant find the key in Gnoll stronghold!

Default Cant find the key in Gnoll stronghold!

So I got the quest to clear out the Gnoll stronghold west of Brahalan the human town, you know the one where you get your first option to own your first shop. Anyways, I made my way through there and I've come to a gate on the 3rd floor of this place and its locked, no key in sight! Killed the gatekeeper he had no key nor did his guards. Ive tried and it looks like the walls near the gate are un-diggable. Anyone make it past this part in JADE yet?
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

Gates function like doors in ADOM, that is to say, like pedestals. You just have to
    'Alt-M' ount the gate, then 'Alt-D' ismount to the other side.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Be careful though, you're gonna get jumped by a LOT of mobs in there and you won't be able to escape until they're all dead. So bring lots of healing potions.

Wait guys, we can play JADE now?
    0% Winrate

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave612 View Post
    Wait guys, we can play JADE now?
    Yes. How to do it:

First, get a time machine.
    Then, travel to the future.
    Then download JADE.
    Then go back to the present.
    Then play JADE!!!

(plays some) Wow, playing JADE is really awesome! I have trouble finding a use for the Mountain Hermit, though. Is he just for flavor?
    Last edited by Laukku; 10-04-2010 at 04:37 PM.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Quote Originally Posted by Sradac View Post
    So I got the quest to clear out the Gnoll stronghold west of Brahalan the human town, you know the one where you get your first option to own your first shop. Anyways, I made my way through there and I've come to a gate on the 3rd floor of this place and its locked, no key in sight! Killed the gatekeeper he had no key nor did his guards. Ive tried and it looks like the walls near the gate are un-diggable. Anyone make it past this part in JADE yet?
    Where'd ya get your time machine dude?
    0% Winrate

His great-great-grandson invented one in hundred and ten years, and sent it back as a gift.

About the gnoll stronghold, it is highly dangerous and the rewards are hardly worth it, so don't feel too bad about skipping it for now. To get in, you can do that in a great many ways
    - Teleport in. While the spell is probably gonna be unavailable for a while untill you can gain the needed skills and spell research, you could try a random teleport in - from a NPC or one of the unique items. However, teleport control is not what it was in ADOM, and with the possible item displacement, confusion and (travel)sickness, this is quite risky in a dangerous place like the stronghold.
    -Use a rope and grapple hook along with climbing or acrobatic skill-mastery ability.
    - Theoretically you could travel to Gordanoth, clear the workshop and manufacture a battering ram there. And somehow dig up the mounts and crew to drag it back and operate it.
    - Just mentioned those other possibilities in case you encounter similar problems later on. In your case, place something heavy on the tile with the trigger trap 4 paces in front of the gate, and you'll see. A corpse should do the trick.

No seriously how do you play JADE?
    0% Winrate

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave612 View Post
    No seriously how do you play JADE?
    Imagination, my friend. Imagination.

That's how it's possible.

Now use your imagination, and share all of your imaginary JADE adventures with us! Fakeposts FTW!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Quote Originally Posted by Molach View Post
    About the gnoll stronghold, it is highly dangerous and the rewards are hardly worth it
    I disagree. The Whip of Commanding is simply awesome - if you're the correct alignment. It makes pets so much easier to handle.