Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some questions because I suck at this game

One way to deal with unidentified items in the early game is to take them to the shop in the bandit town and see how much gold you can get for it. More expensive items aren't always better, but it is a good guideline.

> I have ended up with cursed equipment in almost every slot and I am only level 8
    > I really want to find a way to remove those equipment because I got better
    > equipment for the slots That and How do I kill a giant slug? It's acid always
    > kill me and I never seem to do enough damage

*gut's attempt for worst advice, ever*

precrown and hope for the black tome of alsophlocas, dip it in all your potions,
    dip all your cursed gear in your newly acquired PoRC's. Items transform, drop
    from your body, and maybe turn into better gear to boot... if they don't explode
    for an instadeath, that is.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    > I have ended up with cursed equipment in almost every slot and I am only level 8
    > I really want to find a way to remove those equipment because I got better
    > equipment for the slots That and How do I kill a giant slug? It's acid always
    > kill me and I never seem to do enough damage

*gut's attempt for worst advice, ever*

precrown and hope for the black tome of alsophlocas, dip it in all your potions,
    dip all your cursed gear in your newly acquired PoRC's. Items transform, drop
    from your body, and maybe turn into better gear to boot... if they don't explode
    for an instadeath, that is.
    I like your way of thinking... Another rather cheap way of removing all your cursed equipment is annoying your god until he destroys all your worn equipment. NB. This method may result in death or other bad stuff happening to you. Use caution

other creative yet deadly options:

just CTRL-t on top of an acid trap, but make sure you have enough patience to
    heal after every activation. The moment you try for 2 in a row is when you turn
    into a puddle.

Enter the Tower of Eternal Flames. Your gear will burn away in no time. Of course
    you will also suffer ~10 HP's of damage per turn, and be suseptable to instakilling
    huge rocks being shot at you from out of your line of sight by fire giant kings...
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Apart from the normal 'read a blessed scroll of uncursing' method, pissing off a diety is the way to go. Don't think any bad effects will happen, eq to dust is the first 'bad' one, you get dooming if you arent wearing anything.

Only bad effect is kinda losing emergency prayers, so you can at least use em up normally first.

Edit: Forgot inventory cursing, that of course comes first.

My usual way of dusting off my inventory revolves around altars.
    I typically grow some piety (thus annoying the other gods). Then I turn C for some reason, and to get back in favor I sac 1 gp at a N altar. Oh yeah, guess what happens. Equipment gone. That is where my anger management classes pay off. I look on the bright side, artifacts are still there, and there is unlimited normal eq in the game anyway, so I keep playing. Only ever deleted one char after this, and I had good cause then. But inventory is not cursed, if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Molach; 10-07-2010 at 10:00 PM.