Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Public Free ADOM Server

To say my knowledge of linux is minimal is an overstatement,
    yet I looked at the code anyway

Found these lines and became intrigued:

Code:
    		# ... give them vi-keys!
    		if [ "$vikeys" == "y" ]; then
    			cp /home/adom/adom.kbd.vi /home/adom/sessions/$newname/.adom.data/.adom.kbd
    I'm assuming this means there is a pre-mapped kbd file, and we
    are just chosing to use that if we chose 'vikeys'. If so, could
    we use the same technique to chose pre-generated cfg files?

Code:
    		# ... give them vi-keys!
    		if [ "$guts_cfg" == "y" ]; then
    			cp /home/adom/adom.cfg.gut /home/adom/sessions/$newname/.adom.data/.adom.kbd
    ???

if so...

http://plog.atspace.com/adomstuff/adom.cfg.gut
    and http://plog.atspace.com/adomstuff/adom.cnt.gut (to let me in BUGWIL)
    Last edited by gut; 10-14-2010 at 06:16 PM.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Correct, technically we could just allow them a pre-configured cfg file, but everybody's personal cfg taste is different, so I was hoping for a more elegant solution where we could actually edit the file at the beginning, or save a list of our favourites. I'm hoping for something simple too

Letting people in the BUGWIL isn't as simple as just throwing that cnt file - because then it would clash when sharing hiscores. Don't worry, it'll come as a feature reaaaaaalllly soon!

OK, today we have a nice little check when you connect to make sure that you have a 25x80 terminal.

Shared highscores now work and so will the BUGWIL once 100 people die (or was it created? anyways we're on our way).

The vi-keys have been updated with better ones (happily provided by sorear) and you now have the option to start with a preset bunch of popular config settings provided by gutt. More information available in the readme file on the server.

As for BUGWIL, just create a .adom.cnt file which has an ascii char > 100 in it. "x" should work just fine. ("x" = chr(120))..
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

gut had a .cnt file available for people to download which did similar to what you said but apparently people started experiencing crashes, so I decided to do it the safe way by everybody sharing a cnt file instead.

Adventurer, ye hast not seen 'nough incarnations to be deemed worthy to enter this sacred place. Return when ye hast seen more death and suffering and art prepared for what awaits ye.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Kill more PCs!

Updates for today: It no longer thinks you are a new ADOM player and displays those "this is your first time playing" messages at the start. Checks for adom.prc file and deletes it when resuming (in case ADOM crashed) have been added as well.

Guess what? You can now import your offline games into the server

http://ancardia.dyndns.org/import.php

Self-explanatory.

Just a heads up that if you press Ctrl-s, it will suspend your session. This is an in-built thing in *nix systems and thus cannot be turned off. When your session is suspended, it will look as though it is frozen. Don't panic You can easily unsuspend it by pressing Ctrl-q.

This is not a server bug. This is a normal thing on such systems just as it is normal for alt-tab to be "switch application" on Windows. Nevertheless I will add it to the known bugs list.

It now shows whether or not the session is a SPECTATE-ONLY or a CO-OP session. Also, if it is a spectate-only session, if you know the password to the session, you can override the spectatorship and control the character. This is useful if you get disconnected whilst you are playing and logged out of your own session.

Also thanks to Sorear sessions now show the race, class, and level of the PC. Also, the idle time (how long it has been in minutes and seconds since the last keystroke) is shown so you know if the guy is actually playing actively.