Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Least favorite location in ADOM.

Ahh, was waiting for someone to make this thread.

I'm amazed nobody mentioned the Big Room - that's top score in my hate list.

You just can't cross it even if you're not going to pacify it without some bloody summoner appearing and summoning crap in your face.

Now, when you pacify it, you get dozens of summoners in a row, mixed with cave tigers (exactly cave tigers so you can't tame them with rat corpses), fire vortices (exactly fire ones to burn your herbs) and basically your herbs can wait a thousand turn and then grow two or three times in a row just when you're swarmed by spiders. And don't forget some giants who cannot simply walk near a locked door without smashing it.

2nd place is any level with bee hive. They're freaking annoying..

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Ahh, was waiting for someone to make this thread.

I'm amazed nobody mentioned the Big Room - that's top score in my hate list.

You just can't cross it even if you're not going to pacify it without some bloody summoner appearing and summoning crap in your face.

Now, when you pacify it, you get dozens of summoners in a row, mixed with cave tigers (exactly cave tigers so you can't tame them with rat corpses), fire vortices (exactly fire ones to burn your herbs) and basically your herbs can wait a thousand turn and then grow two or three times in a row just when you're swarmed by spiders. And don't forget some giants who cannot simply walk near a locked door without smashing it.

2nd place is any level with bee hive. They're freaking annoying..
    I was about to make the very same post!

Big room and bee hives...

Maybe mixed vaults and tension rooms and greater undead vaults. It's so dissapointing that there is a bunch of monster that I can't kill.

Stupid animated forest, when I have no invisibility nor darkness...
    "The avatar I was... now the fool I am. Heed the warning."

Going to have to agree with animated forest. Even with invis, darkness, or teleport, I'll still do DH unless it is absolutely impassable.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I don't actually mind the Animated Forest much. Equip two shields, bring some patience, and even Invisibility or Teleportation isn't really necessary.

I guess I just hate the ID with a completely irrationally burning passion, so that's what I'll name.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    The infinite dungeon. Because it invites stairhopping.
    There is a simple solution to that. Just don't stair-hop.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

Oh silly Jeremiah. The true fun lies in denying it to anyone else!
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Tower of Eternal Flames. I hate item destruction.

Animated forest. It is simply not place i want to be in unless i bring banshee in.

And i do not like farming with banshee. Stairhopping sound better
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)