Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Least favorite location in ADOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Isn't there a possibility to avoid it by being under a minimal weight?
    Don't remember losing any equipment falling the rift recently. Equip all available artifacts/high metal/crystal things, take patch of stoma, patch of spenseweed and bless climbing set - and you're cool.

I always just throw my gold down first
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Isn't there a possibility to avoid it by being under a minimal weight?
    You always fall the first time. It's probably a bug.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    > I usually take two though and enough gold to buy one just in case.

so 50K gold = 500st + 2x180st for climbers = 860st not counting worn gear, food, etc..
    O I carry a lot more then 860s, I don't even try to avoid item destruction. I take the pack on extra junk approach.
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 11-16-2010 at 05:44 PM.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

Too many times have I had a climbing set destroyed only to then have the rat get killed before I can talk to him or come up with the necessary funds. I usually don't mind the equipment destruction because I leave the valuables behind.

Some scummy knowledge regarding fall has given me a tactic to always have a climbing set when entering rift.

SPOILER

Only items contained in an even inventory slot are at risk of breaking from falling. Inventory items in odd positions are safe. Therefore, if you enter Rift with your climbing set in your 1st, 3rd, 5th, (n*2)+1th slot, it will not get destroyed.

You can also use this knowledge to protect all the items you bring with enough work. Just fill every even inventory slot with either an artifact or junk item. Still, always try to minimize what inventory you bring anyways. Bring only the essentials (climbing set, some ammo, some wands, some potions, some food) and leave the rest in the nearby tomb.

/SPOILER

EDIT: The proof of this spoiler can be found in http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php?t=1396.
    Last edited by fazisi; 11-16-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

I hate the animated forest and the mana temple. Finding the entrance is tough if you dont have the map in front of you and only bad things can happen when you have no magic, you hear the corruption clock ticking, and you try to beat a guy who have death ray and other unfun things.
    Closers- GE Wizard, DE Beastfighter, DE Barb
    Ultras- DE Barb ULE
    OCG- Maybe someday
    ADOM projects- Overheat style LP -maybe.