Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate disarming enemies

Thumbs down I hate disarming enemies

Worst enemies in the game. I almost just lost a level 12 dwarven healer to a ratling warlord/master swordsman combo.

If Thomas were truly sadistic, he'd make Andor Drakon summon ratling warlords.

Disarming is the doppleganger of melee. Don't remove it. People just need to learn to use alternative methods to kill these opponents.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Would be nice if there was a doppleganger of magic...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

There should be magic eyes or variant who shrug bolts like crazy, can see invisible and in darkness. In fact, all magic eyes should have those properties. Even some should possibly have elemental resistances.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Disarmers are very useful fro anbd while equip-identifying weapons. One ratling fencer can save you a lot of holy water =)

Quote Originally Posted by fazisi View Post
    People just need to learn to use alternative methods to kill these opponents.
    Any kind of fighter should be able to destroy them rapidly with his nude fists...
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

That'll teach you to level up a missile weapon skill next time.
    Ratling warlords are dangerous, but for me that is because they have that tedency to "punch through your armor" all the time.

Did someone once make a list of weapon skill needed to avoid being disarmed? Or is it connected to Dex as well?

I'm pretty sure disarming becomes quite improbable once you reach mastery skill-level with your weapon. Impossible at grand-mastery?

> Would be nice if there was a doppleganger of magic...

karmic dragons are this if you don't have magic missiles.
    steel golems are this if you don't have lightning ball, or bolt + good DV/PV + healing.
    archmage is this if you don't have acid ball.
    no true doppler of magic though, mainly due to mm
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I think ki-rin's are the most problematic.Shrugs a lot and heals.My last mage after loads of mm just took him out in melee.