Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ladder of cHaOs General Discussion

Default The Ladder of cHaOs General Discussion

Any discussion, flames, etc. regarding the ladder of cHaOs may go in this thread. Challenges and game reports should go in the Challenge Thread. If you wish to see/discuss the rules, see the Rules Thread. You may view the standings or add your name to the tournament here. You can see everyone's overall records here.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 03-17-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Ok Gutless wonder. It's your turn. May you be eaten by a grue! (My only hope of winning this thing heh)

Question for people who are more familiar with this than I:

How do I get a PC to start with exactly 0 (or 1) turns? Is there a way to use turn reduction bug in the wilderness?

[edit]I'm currently assigning talents on a somewhat arbitrary system for what I think might be next for the PC. I don't want to make this horribly complicated, but if there are any simple ways that people would like me to have talent selection available, I'm open to it. I'm normally picking long stride + hardy/quick. I'll take heir gifts if I think they're okay.

On that note, which classes would people prefer heir gifts to 3 talents? I'm thinking that assassins, barbs, bards, fighters, healers, thiefs, wizards should definitely get heir. Smiths, rangers, and mindcrafters are marginal.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 03-14-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Regarding the Google Docs spreadsheet, what is the second page? I think it is player availability but the challenges column is confusing. Is that supposed to indicate a player is currently in a challenge or is that for pending challenges?
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

The second page was added by someone earlier, I don't think it's really relevant to the challenge.
    Wins:
    Creator, level 33 Drakish Beastfighter.

I think you can just use the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Question for people who are more familiar with this than I:

How do I get a PC to start with exactly 0 (or 1) turns? Is there a way to use turn reduction bug in the wilderness?
    The turn reduction bug can reduce your turns below zero. Go to hill next to infinity, enter, perform reduction bug till turns are effectively -3 (it'll still say 0), then pick up, leave and move to infinity entrance.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

First blood is gut! If Deg can survive his next turn, he will win the first match of the tournament.

Dead already, gut!?
    Geez..
    Wins:
    Creator, level 33 Drakish Beastfighter.

And how the mighty shall fall! The great gut fell down and couldn't get back up.

Deg stands victorious!