Thread: Promising Gnome Assasin

Default Promising Gnome Assasin

Had a candle born gnomish assasin on my hands, good starting stats (Le 20, good St and To) and gear.
    Saved puppy, got stopped in the druid dungeon with a river, there were 2 rivers but only the second one didnt have stairs on the same side.
    Went to SMC, stairs on the next room..herbs all over the next level, got my self a good shield and a nice spear.
    next level a river and a shudder room, quikly ascended to the next level, another river
    stairs luckily again found, after that a shudder room next the stair room, only way is through it..full of hill orc chieftains, first hit stunned me and bye bye baby.

Never had so many rivers generated with one char, and so early! and those damn shudder rooms suck ass too!
    Gnome Wizardx2, GE Barbarian, HE Archer, Gnome Beastfighter, DE Barbarian.
    PreReleases: ME Wizard, Hurt Archer, Gnome Wizard, Ratling Beastie, DE Monk, Ratling Archer

The UD can have some pretty hoss monsters every once in a while. By its very nature, a lot of interesting stuff can be generated there... from, the good side, herbs, pools altars, and vaults.... and from the bad side, tension rooms. (shudder rooms are traps, not monsters)

The first thing that I would have done after I saw a room full of hill orc chieftains is bounce. But I you hinted at the river being a problem... I assume you didn't have the health to cross it. At that point, don't put yourself in an inescapable situation. You knew there was a tension room, and you knew you were in the UD, but you still crossed that river. That tension room could have been filled with much worse things... fire drakes, dark elven priestesses, etc. Cockiness was your bane, sir.