Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "You feel a surge of power"

Default "You feel a surge of power"

I seem to have been secretly given some moderation powers by TB (secret even to myself!) It allows me to ban users and delete their posts. Unfortunately I can't delete their actual profiles, which I think is still a problem when they have links in their profiles. But still, this gives us some way of dealing with spam interfering with the forum.

If you see any spam posts please click on the warning triangle on the top-right of their post. This will result in me being sent an e-mail about it (so only do it for 1 post from a user, not all of them). I'll get over and take appropriate action as soon as possible.

I can't be attentive at all times, so hopefully Thomas will appoint a couple of other moderators too.

Also, please note that I shall only be moderating spam. I don't care about petty disputes or people being rude to each other. This forum has always been good at sorting itself out in a mature and respectful manner, and I sincerely hope it stays that way.

Edit: A track of my own purges... 2378 (pg 27) - 3951 clean. Many more to check
    Last edited by Grey; 07-04-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

About time. Who else has ascended to modhood? TB should post the full pantheon of mods. With modlike powers like these, the spammers should be easily gotten rid of.

(can't think of any more god/mod puns :-( )
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

There are no zero spam posts left on the forums. I searched through every user with posts and deleted those who had spam links (and their posts). We are clean again! I still need to go through the couple of thousand 0 posts users and delete the ones which have spam links in their sigs. For ongoing new users I think the question TB currently as implemented is sufficiently confusing the spammers - it asks what people's favourite race/class combo is. Mind you, I was tempted to delete the fellow that said his was human farmer - surely he can't be real?! :/

Also, I've made some threads Sticky in the ADOM forum. If there's other threads you think should be stickied let me know.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Good job! Must have taken you a few hours...

Sticky thread suggestions:

ADOM links: http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php?t=25

EDIT: Huh, did you delete one of my posts? This was supposed to be my 401th, not 400th.
    Last edited by Laukku; 07-03-2011 at 09:41 AM.
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

It shows as the 401st to me.

ADOM Links should be sticky, but also really needs updating :/
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Isn't stickying the 'guidebook work' thread be kinda pointless?
    I think everything in it can also be found in the GB, right?
    As far as whether Andy still frequents the forums and checks it,
    (of course I don't know for sure) I'd have to think that is
    pretty unlikely.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Hmm, true, Andy ain't been on in a while, but he might come back :/
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

I found where to get the mod list: View forum leaders

Seems that Grey is the only one TB made a moderator.

Good work.

Also a big smile from me with regards to the threads title.