Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: General JADE ideas, races, classes, weapons, skills, etc.

great idea!

i also wanna to keep slaying all villagers with no alignment hit.

these are just dreams, but one can dream...
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I'de really like to see some more terrain implemented. For example: arctic, jungle, desert. I like the idea of having to climb up some slippery ice covered mountains to reach the frost giant stronghold or something like that.

Something else that just popped in my head. Random encounters in the water, having to fight off sharks, or a kraken in the middle of the ocean should be fun

Quote Originally Posted by CloudKing View Post
    a few JADE ideas, (updated)

engineer,
    can build traps, can build doors.bridges etc.
    maybe an engineer can build siege engines (catapults, trebuchets, etc) that act either as ranged weapons or as companions?

Default rings

ok rings,
    ring of lifting (increased carrying capacity)
    ring of easy open (doors no longer stick when worn)
    ring of extended magic (+1 to all bolt spell ranges)(cursed -1)
    ring of casting (-1 to all casting costs)
    ring of quiet casting (allows for casting spells even when not able to speak)
    ring of hunting (increased chance of enemy dropping corpse when fighting unarmed)
    ring of ghostly hands (adds aging effect to unarmed attacks)
    ring of lightning fists (adds lightning damage to unarmed attacks)
    ring of learning (+1%xp gain)
    ring of water walking (allows to walk on water)
    ring of health (decreased chance of sickness or disease)
    ring of youth (decreases the rate of aging)

ok wands,
    wand of djinni trapping (if jade allows for encounters with djinni "if it does, I would guess these encounters would be rare" zap the djinni and trap it inside a ring)
    wand of aging (zapping will age)
    wand of ressurection (zap undead to bring back to life)(ex.goblin skeleton becomes goblin)(zap grave to raise zombie)
    wand of animate wall (zap wall to make living wall)
    wand of wall creation (zap to create wall)
    wand of room creation (zap to create walls around you with one locked door)

I'd like to do a bit of critiquing of CloudKing's ideas:
    ok rings,
    ring of lifting (increased carrying capacity) <- A ring increasing carrying capacity? How about if it just nullifies the weight of the weapon wielded in that hand (or half of a two-handed weapon's weight). "Ring of Wielding" might work as a name.
    ring of easy open (doors no longer stick when worn) <- Good idea, bad name. How about "Ring of Smooth Entry"? Or alternatively, "Doorbell Ring"?
    ring of extended magic (+1 to all bolt spell ranges)(cursed -1) <- Name sounds a bit clunky. How about something like "Ring of Distance", and let it impact all bolts, missiles, etc?
    ring of casting (-1 to all casting costs) <- "Ring of Casting" sounds too generic, doesn't capture the feel of it. How about "Ring of Potent Aura", as a reference to the talent?
    ring of quiet casting (allows for casting spells even when not able to speak) <- Good, but I'd go with something like "Ring of Silent Magic".
    ring of hunting (increased chance of enemy dropping corpse when fighting unarmed) <- "Ring of the Hunt"?
    ring of ghostly hands (adds aging effect to unarmed attacks) <- I like the idea, but it should also prevent you from wielding most weapons (phase daggers could be an exception) in the hand that the ring is on. That way, cursed rings of this sort may be quite a problem.
    ring of lightning fists (adds lightning damage to unarmed attacks) <- Rather than lighting damage for unarmed attacks, how about just making unarmed attacks faster?
    ring of learning (+1&#37;xp gain) <- Idea good, but the name might be confusing, given the Learning stat. How about "Ring of Experience"?
    ring of water walking (allows to walk on water) <- I think this should be named after a classic mythological figure. "Ring of Mes'siah"? Perhaps the joke could be extended, by also having it make the wielder able to cure disease in others (but not the wielder) by touch.
    ring of health (decreased chance of sickness or disease) <- OK
    ring of youth (decreases the rate of aging) <- I think "Ring of Stasis" would sound better. And it could also slow the rate of food consumption... but cursed rings of this sort would have a reverse effect.
    ok wands,
    wand of djinni trapping <- I think this would work better as a ring that you throw at a djinni.
    wand of aging (zapping will age) <- A more poetic name would work, here - "Wand of the Ravage of Time", perhaps?
    wand of ressurection <- It's "Wand of Resurrection", just to correct a typo, and I'd suggest that it should only actually resurrect if used within a certain time of the death, otherwise it should only reanimate, with "recent" dead becoming zombies and "ancient dead" becoming skeletons.
    wand of animate wall (zap wall to make living wall) <- Interesting idea, and a good reason not to just randomly zap a wand at a wall on an angle. But how about just "Wand of Animation", and let it also animate statues, trees, and it could even become useful for artificers who want to make golems. Would work quite well in conjunction with a wand of petrification.
    wand of wall creation (zap to create wall) <- Not sure about this one. Something tells me that magically-created walls aren't a great idea, because of the ease of either abuse or screwing up things.
    wand of room creation (zap to create walls around you with one locked door) <- Not a fan of this idea. Too easy to end up getting yourself trapped (not by the locked door, but by walls landing in the wrong places).
    Now, for a few of my own ideas:

wand of healing aura - heals all beings within a certain radius, obviously useful against undead as well as for healing companions (and yourself).
    wand of defence/protection - when used to cast, acts like a scroll of defense/protection, respectively. May also be wielded, in which case it acts like a shield, boosting defence or protection, but taking one pp per dodged hit or hit, respectively.
    wand of burning hands - like burning hands spell when used to cast. May also be wielded, in which case it takes one PP per attack, and does whip-type fire damage.
    wand of shock force/sub zero/the drakeling - similar to wand of burning hands, but for electric/cold/acid types. "Shock force" is a reference to star wars, with the Force, while "sub zero" is a reference to Mortal Kombat. Obviously, "the drakeling" references the racial ability of drakelings.
    wand of kinesis - when wielded, does decent blunt damage at 1 pp cost. Casting can destroy doors, fling NPCs back multiple spaces, or repel flowing liquids (like water, lava, etc).
    wand of wind - summons a vortex. Vortex will be a basic (not found in ADoM) wind vortex, unless cast in certain contexts. Acid vortices are created by casting on top of an acid trap, and Fire vortices by casting on top of a fireball trap or a forge. Casting on ice squares (think of the frictionless ice of D:49 - just random single spaces of them) gives ice vortices. Lightning vortices would be more complicated, though. Also, wind vortices that travel over appropriate spaces would also gain elemental properties (so, a wind vortex passing over a forge would become a fire vortex).

@Aielyn
    good critiquing. I especially like your twist on the "wand of animation",and most of the name changes do roll off the tongue a little better.

I'de like to see monsters that took up more than one square (maybe) I could imagine how terrified i'de be walking into a cavernous room with a 2X2 red D (maybe even 3X3!) I don't know how it could be shown though to have a snake that would be 1X3. but i think larger monsters would better visually display enormous monsters, as well as allowing new tactics and problems

ok some scrolls,
    scroll of altar jump (read to teleport from one altar to another altar)
    scroll of item alteration (reading will change the wieght/weight class of an item)
    scroll of practice (read to gain marks in equipped weapon)
    scroll of calm weather (read to get rid of bad weather for a time)
    recipe (I took this from someone elses post but its a good idea) (read to gain knowlege of a random potion recipe)

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    I'd like to do a bit of critiquing of CloudKing's ideas:

ring of water walking (allows to walk on water) <- I think this should be named after a classic mythological figure. "Ring of Mes'siah"? Perhaps the joke could be extended, by also having it make the wielder able to cure disease in others (but not the wielder) by touch.
    And turns all potions to booze!