Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: General JADE ideas, races, classes, weapons, skills, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudKing View Post
    ok some scrolls,

recipe (I took this from someone elses post but its a good idea) (read to gain knowlege of a random potion recipe)
    why stop with potions? why not cooking recipes as well? of course that might lead to cooking contests, recipe quests, and the wholesale slaughtering of critters to get the right ingredients...hmm...nah, the rewards would probably be lame :P

I think herbalist or shaman would be a way cool class, an extension of the herbalism skill, you could make all kinds of healing and damaging potions and or ointments. In connections with this we would need a lot of new herbs, and maybe the chance to cross different strains/species of herbs. it would be great to cross an herb that raises strength with one that raises learning. Like an elementalist most new knowledge for shamans/herbalists would come from meditation and using sacred plants. also i like the idea of hallucinations in the game it could say "tripping balls" in the bottom left corner of the screen hahaha.

i think i said this elsewhere but brewer/distiller would be a fun class, and could share some basic precepts with alchemy and herbalism with crossover skills. good chances to create sophisticated and nearly undetectable poisons. also, the tavern could be a great center of activity. you should be able to play music for money. gambling would be a cool minigame, instead of slot machines you could play card games or something with the NPCs. I'm sure you could get some information on interesting caves and whatnot

i think monk as a class would be cool too, but with the opportunity to train in a monastery, you would practice combat, meditate, gather food, make copies of books and or scrolls, do quests like that for the elders in return for learning skills, weapon marks and whatever secret knowledge they might have

a breeder class would be cool, similar to a bard i guess, you could capture and breed exotic animals, sell them for a profit or use them as weapons, imagine if you could breed a dragon-hydra hybrid. this would of course raise the need for new types of traps, cages, very deep pits with no escape upwards. great opportunities to be captured by some maniacal ogre king or what have you, that'd be pretty boss.

depending on the roles kings and governments play, something like a translator or warlord, while not terribly exciting, the opportunity would just be awesome.

I like the idea of an herbalist being a class

ok a few ideas, a few of which were inspired by features in dwarf fortress

up/down stairway: a chance to have the stairway go both up and down a level
    floor hatch: a chance to have a stairway be generated with a hatch cover (could be locked/trapped) could still be kicked open like a door
    hunting dog: a tame hunting dog could grant more corpses from its kills
    camping: heal faster in the wilderness if camped(would require a tent)
    animal specific hunting weapons: example (sling of rat hunting)
    mercenaries for hire: hireling vendors
    dragon mounts: fast and safe wilderness travel

I'd like to see more variety of weapons in JADE, specifically oriental weapons, like the Kukri, Kama, Nunchaku, Sai and Shuriken.

Quote Originally Posted by minchazo View Post
    And turns all potions to booze!
    If the idea is going to be pushed that far, it should go whole-hog. Although, I'd make it only turn potions of *water* into booze (which would get rather frustrating, if it happened to be cursed).

So let's see how many appropriate effects could be had...

- Grants ability to walk on water.
    - Allows wearer to heal disease in other beings by touch.
    - When worn, any potions of water touched will turn into potions of booze.
    - While worn, any normal bread or fish in pack will duplicate similarly to how the Si does in ADoM.
    - Is a demon-slayer when thrown.

There must be more possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    If the idea is going to be pushed that far, it should go whole-hog. Although, I'd make it only turn potions of *water* into booze (which would get rather frustrating, if it happened to be cursed).

So let's see how many appropriate effects could be had...

- Grants ability to walk on water.
    - Allows wearer to heal disease in other beings by touch.
    - When worn, any potions of water touched will turn into potions of booze.
    - While worn, any normal bread or fish in pack will duplicate similarly to how the Si does in ADoM.
    - Is a demon-slayer when thrown.

There must be more possibilities.
    made stronger when also wearing crown of thorns:
    peity gain is doubled
    peity loss is cut in half
    acts as amulet of life saving upon death (waits three days game time then brings back)
    companions follow orders without question

Quote Originally Posted by CloudKing View Post
    companions follow orders without question
    And each has a chance to turn on you and summon holy slayers.

I found some hurthling weed in JADE and I was thinking,,.. everybody knows that hurthling weed is for smoking.. so I think pipes would be a nice addition.. (I believe I remember someone else already suggested this).. would open up a lot of doors for the herbalism skill.

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    I'd like to see more variety of weapons in JADE, specifically oriental weapons, like the Kukri, Kama, Nunchaku, Sai and Shuriken.
    I agree and would also like to see some sort of oriental class as well.