Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: General JADE ideas, races, classes, weapons, skills, etc.

Default General JADE ideas, races, classes, weapons, skills, etc.

a few JADE ideas,

races,
    goblin
    minotaur
    black hurthling

classes,
    Summoner,
    a casting type class with bonuses to companions
    engineer,
    can build mechanical minions from machine parts,can build traps, can build doors.
    alchemist,
    gets more recipes from alchemy, can brew potions that explode when thrown, can turn water into holy water for the price of one permanent mana loss. (semi-permanent).

weapons,
    Shuriken(throwing stars)

skills,
    fishing,
    can fish for food
    masonry,
    can build walls

misc.,
    randomly generated open caverns in dungeons,
    slim chance to encounter randomely generated ratling trader in dungeons
    a guaranteed pet shop

spells,
    Improved acid ball
    Improved ice ball etc.
    Animate wall
    Rain of fire
    similar to earthquake covers the whole map ( randomly casts "burning hands" around the dungeon)
    Summon rats
    summons giant rats to fight for you (all adjacant squares around you)

these are just a few i thought of

As for your skills:

I would also love having a masonry skill or something similar that lets you build structures and shape the world in even more ways than before (we have mining, but that is only destructive, and bridge building, which is extremely limited).

Fishing, on the other hand, I fail to see the point in, as survival give the exact same benefits. It would be a better idea if survival gave different foodsorts based on the terrain (fish when close to water, berries and roots in the mountains, meat in the hills, etc).

In ADOM Survival already gives fish on water and seed on land.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Animate wall with 100% chance of success, but proficiency increases chance that the wall is NOT hostile?
    Rain of Fire underground sounds somewhat... strange.
    I don't know if mindcrafter will be a class in Jade too, but if so then I thought of this optional idea: the ability 'spirit link': shot like a mind blast but low range, the enemies hit are linked like this: damage done to one enemy also damages the others. Guess powerful monsters should be able to either shrug off or evade it.

For races, how about something that takes advantage of some interesting functionality:

Marilith
    -Chaotic/evil by default
    -Female only
    -Has 6 arms
    -No legs, but does have a tail
    -Slow
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 07-05-2011 at 10:37 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by EbbeLockert View Post
    Fishing, on the other hand, I fail to see the point in, as survival give the exact same benefits.
    What if the Fishing ability worked within dungeons and in cities with rivers? Imagine working your way through a dungeon, finding yourself low on food, and then stumbling across an underground river.

Perhaps it could even, when underground, have a chance of generating hostile normally-underwater monsters, who would be restricted, of course, to the water (sharks, for instance).

Freshwater sharks? Hmm...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I don't see why you wouldn't just make it that you can use the survival skill (or whatever) in rivers or other non-wilderness areas rather than creating a whole new skill.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Default updated

a few JADE ideas, (updated)

races,
    goblin
    minotaur
    black hurthling

classes,
    Summoner,
    a casting type class with bonuses to companions
    engineer,
    can build traps, can build doors.bridges etc.
    alchemist,
    gets more recipes from alchemy, can brew potions that explode when thrown, can turn water into holy water for the price of one permanent mana loss. (semi-permanent).

weapons,
    Shuriken(throwing stars)
    spiked shields
    exploding potions

skills,
    fishing,
    can fish for food(survival skill probably would suffice)
    masonry,
    can build walls
    persuasion,
    can sway targets alignment toward own(chance the target will get angry if failed attempt)

misc.,
    randomly generated open caverns in dungeons,
    slim chance to encounter randomly generated ratling trader in dungeons or in towns.
    a guaranteed (figurine shop)
    the ability to write a spell book on a blank tomb with a writing set (maybe a class ability for wizards?)
    much more random dungeon features(not in rarity of occurrence, i mean in number of possible features)
    altars of an opposing alignment could spawn minions of that religion to attack the PC?
    underground dark elf city?"finally some good prices"
    more balance classes,weapons etc.
    more weapons, more races, more skills, more items, more quests, dungeon features, spells, etc. etc.etc.

spells,
    Improved acid ball,
    Improved ice ball etc.,
    Animate wall,
    Rain of fire,
    similar to earthquake covers the whole map ( randomly casts "burning hands" around the dungeon)
    Summon rats,
    summons giant rats to fight for you (all adjacent squares around you)
    Encase,
    creates walls on squares around you
    Enslave,
    take control of target undead (wears off, target undead becomes hostile)(necromancy skill could help lower PP cost)
    Fire Storm,
    casts a ball of fire around you and bolts of fire in every direction
    Weakened state,
    a significant boost to healing, DV and PV reduced to 0 for the duration of the spell
    Some form of mark and recall would be cool,

Items,
    Scroll of create spell book (rare)
    Scroll of elemental resistance (rare)(adds resistance intrinsic to a random worn item)
    Scroll of control(+ to teleport control, - if cursed)
    would be nice if scroll of item destruction would let you choose the item if blessed,(or an altogether new scroll that allows for this)
    these are just a few i thought of

I like it that you can only loot shops right now and not buy any items I suggest we keep this feature