Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you think is the most important feature that should be implemented in 0.2.0?

I think it should be savegame file, like in the old ADOM. I do not know how you feel it, but I dont like the idea of spending whole lifetime trying to get somewhere.

Maybe I'll repurpose this as a general "next version" thread, as 0.2.0 is already out. Is there a way to change the title?

What I currently want the most is the tactics system, especially the speed bonus when in coward mode with critical health. There are so many nasty monsters that I'd really like to be able to outrun.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Lightbulb Running away?

@Laukku: You could always play as a Dark/Gray/High Elf--they get enough speed to outrun anything. Not that I can survive with them anyway...

In any case, I agree--I miss the tactics system. I'm also still waiting for shields to be made useful again--they don't lend much towards survival as they are currently.

0. no more disappearing inventory and fewer errors, so the game's actually fun to play.
    1. To be able to look at stuff, like in Adom. So I know more about monsters, how hurt they are, etc. and to learn more about their statistics as I fight them more.
    2. I'd like for a few more skills to be implemented. Backstabbing, trapdetection and disabling, first aid, literacy, gemology, anything.
    3. I'd like to see more dungeon features (but maybe I'm just unlucky). I haven't seen a shop or a tension room yet (just one altar and two ant nests). Working traps perhaps, and a higher chance for tension rooms would be a nice start.
    4. Wilderness encounters or other features to spice up traveling.
    5. Some ways to identify items (could go under point 2), and more ways to uncurse them would be nice. If I put on a cursed item I'm now stuck with it for the rest of the game (water either doesn't work anymore or I just never find blessed water).

I just remembered the First Aid skill, which is also something I really want in order to increase survivability. I wanna do the classic "Fist Aid while Coward" move. :-P
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Question ...whaddaya mean "not implemented!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I just remembered the First Aid skill, which is also something I really want in order to increase survivability. I wanna do the classic "Fist Aid while Coward" move. :-P
    It's listed as having been implemented for version 0.1.3--but it's not in the current list of usable skills.

Something's not right.