Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Font problem

Default Font problem

I don't think its a bug. That is why i'm posting here. I've seen other screenshot that had adom style font. So maybe its jvm or system related. On my PC/WinXP font in JADE looks like this:

and i hate that appearance of @

I looked for a possible java setting to change that but so far haven't found any. It would be great if someone could shed some light on this mystery =d

bump :S

v 0.1.2 is out and im still stuck with ugly font

That would have to be the default courier font for your windows system. At least I think so because that's what JADE uses as a font. Any other Windows users experience the same amount of ugliness? On my local Windows test system the font look ok.
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Around zoom levels 7-9 JADE looks pretty much like ADOM on my system. Using Win7 64bit, if that helps...

I found some font settings in the registry. Any idea what font should i use for adomish looks ?

edit: seems changing that setting doesn't work. so im off to searching for new solutions
    Last edited by Pustka; 07-19-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Got the same ugly '@' on my PC too. Played with some Java .properties files but didn't manage to improve the situation.

I'm using JADE 0.1.2 on WinXP and my font looks fine ('@' symbol looks like below, and not circular like on your screenshot).

Code:
    @

I just noticed this thread, as I don't usually frequent the jade section, but if
    anyone wants their jade font to look like that, you will prolly have to hack
    your registry. I have instructions on how to do that, but they are 'do at your
    own risk' type things. The idea is to bypass windows 'protections' that keep
    you from using a font that may goof up some (very few) console programs.

http://plog.atspace.com/Faq/answers.html#3.2
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I just noticed this thread, as I don't usually frequent the jade section, but if
    anyone wants their jade font to look like that, you will prolly have to hack
    your registry. I have instructions on how to do that, but they are 'do at your
    own risk' type things. The idea is to bypass windows 'protections' that keep
    you from using a font that may goof up some (very few) console programs.

http://plog.atspace.com/Faq/answers.html#3.2
    unfortunatly that is a setting of font for console. I tried it and still no effect. I also changed the shell fonts in registry and all the fonts in appearance settings. I need to find out which font setting java uses X_x

edit: I'm looking into files in jre/lib/fonts but no luck so far. Any messed around with that ?
    Last edited by Pustka; 07-25-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pustka View Post
    I need to find out which font setting java uses X_x
    Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    That would have to be the default courier font for your windows system. At least I think so because that's what JADE uses as a font. Any other Windows users experience the same amount of ugliness? On my local Windows test system the font look ok.
    So jade uses your system's default COURIER font. I misread what biskup had typed, that is why I linked you
    to what I did. I don't know anything about java stuffs, sorry.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."