Meh, after my last experience I'm gonna wait for 0.2.3 to play again

Made a troll fighter, because I wanted to survive for a while... I went into town, there was a weapons and armor store, awesome. Even better, it sold a cloak of invisibility - oh yeah, a chance to actually explore those caves of chaos for the first time (beyond level 3). So I bought some food, and found myself a cave to explore. Gathered all items, money, everything, so I could go buy that cloak. I had about 800 out of the needen 1200 gold - and then I got an error picking up a few more gold coins. Boom. All my gold is gone. A few steps later, so's most of the loot I gathered. *sigh*
I head into town anyways, but unsurprisingly I don't have enough gold for the cloak. Well, let's go to the CoC then, explore the first three levels to try this again. Guess what. When I have about 800 gold again, same thing happens with the gold error. Argh. And this time, my food is gone as well. Double argh. I don't quite give up yet, though.
I find an altar, and drop my stuff on it (the meagre bit that I gathered after the previous disappearing inventory error) to determine it's status. I guess I shouldn't have dropped that corpse though. A few minutes later: error loop, error loop. Abort game.

With the game experience either very similar to that, or dying in my first fight (if I'm not a troll), I think I'll just wait for the next release for now...