Thread: Jade 0.1.2

Default Jade 0.1.2

So, what new stuff you have encountered? I met a five-headed hydra on the 9th level of a dungeon.

Judging by this particular update, the new monsters are either all various hydras of fantastic beasts:
    * One new monster type with eight subtypes has been added.
    I assumed them to be undead at first due to mention of them.

EDIT: The 5-headed hydras are way too easy. They can barely scratch me (maybe because I have 11 PV).
    Last edited by Laukku; 07-18-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

I think the new monsters in this release are probably 1- to 8- headed hydras.

TB said that the next one will be a "content release" and he will focus on adding more items and monsters, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    The 5-headed hydras are way too easy. They can barely scratch me (maybe because I have 11 PV).
    I noticed that too. They aren't nearly as tough to beat as orcish brutes, which seems odd to me

Im currently on 14th lvl of dungeon. Already axed myself through couple levels of 5, 6 and 7-headed hydras. The 7-headed are already a little hard but still seem to be weaker then oricsh brute Just met my first 8-headed hydra but managed to get rid of it quickly I wonder if the dungeon is deep enough will i reach 13-headed hydraas. 5-13 that would made 8 subtypes mentioned by Thomas.

Default where to download jade?

can anyone post the link here

Here, KnightGranham: http://www.adom.de/jade/downloads/ja...tart/index.php

Anyway, KnightGranham makes a good point by asking - to find the download, you need to go through a fair rigmarole from the front page of adom.de, and you need to know where to look, because it's not under "Downloads".

The front page needs to have a link to the new JADE blog, at the very least, and should also have a link to where you can download the development versions of JADE.

I'm certainly not complaining, but my guess is that the range of possible values for things shouldn't be this wide.

My Mountain Dwarf started with [+8,+5] Steel Chain Mail.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Baranor View Post
    I'm certainly not complaining, but my guess is that the range of possible values for things shouldn't be this wide.

My Mountain Dwarf started with [+8,+5] Steel Chain Mail.

Awesome.
    I had a similar encounter with a steel cap [+6, +3] dropped by a monster (posted at http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=296)

Definitely seems like a mistake

There's also new messages when you kill somebody in town. My favorite is : ""Help me protect my wife!" The shopkeeper hapilly rings his bell" or something of the kind.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game