Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I ain't afraid of no corruption

Give Thunderstroke an instant paralyzation effect and I'll actually want to get it. True Aim could get - I dunno, maybe slaying powers against everything?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Or leave them both the way they are and have an extra line in the ADOM config file with something like
    AUTOLOAD_ARTMISSILE which would equip the artifact missile upon pickup, and then return you to whatever previous missile stack you were using before you picked the damn thing up, after you fire it, if TRUE.

Comma fail, but you get what I mean...

Maybe if they auto returned. Ya'know, being magical and all, it's not unreasonable.
    Loitering with intent to loiter.

Overpowered

Would make perfect sense if thunderstroke caused stunning, much like arrows of thunder. An artifact of blinding or confusing would be nice too.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

And True Aim could work like unerring arrow, except that it isn't destroyed after use.

Would still be shit :P
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

: )

In a huge random game like JADE, I would expect there to be a lot more variety in artifacts, which would therefore have to be less valuable for balance reasons - I mean, saccing a shitty artifact like True Aim wouldn't give much piety, an equivalent of the demented ratling would try to eat it, puke it back up, and become dieseased and hostile towards the PC afterwards, and shop keepers would agree to trade it for some brass bracers whatever... Basically, I would imagine artifacts, rather than being a list of potentially game breaking items, would instead mainly be flavour elements, although obviously some should pretty damn powerful, if the quest is hard enough..

Quote Originally Posted by vogonpoet View Post
    : )

In a huge random game like JADE, I would expect there to be a lot more variety in artifacts,
    I expect artifacts being at least partially randomized
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Thunderstroke should cause stunning 100% of the time plus an additional 2d8 lightning damage.
    True Aim should always hit similar to an unerring arrow, plus always score a critical hit.
    Runestone could be a new artifact sling bullet, acting as a humanoid slayer and causing confusion 100% of the time.
    Vortexblade could be a new artifact boomerang, always returning with a high chance(though not 100%) of causing blindness.