Thread: just a lil download problem I'm having

Default just a lil download problem I'm having

So when I downloaded JADE 0.1.0 everything went fine and I had a little JADE icon on my desktop. When I downloaded JADE 0.1.1 I was having trouble when I told it to launch it would load up then once the bar was loaded it just closed itself (if my memory serves me right) So I ended up deleting it completely and downloaded 0.1.3 and heres where the question part it

I can't seem to find a JADE icon at all on my computer, the only JADE files I have are under my administator account and there is no launch icon at all.

So every time I want to play JADE I have to load up the page off of the blog and launch it from there. any suggestions on why this is or what to do? should I maybe just re-delete it and re-launch it and then watch the download process to see where it specifically is going to be located?

ok so i tried to deleting jade then redownloading. after I did this it put a shortcut on the desktop for JADE when i opened the file location it took me to Computer > Acer (C > Windows > SysWOW64 and has a file called javaws highlighted

When i try to open the shortcut it has an application error that says "unable to launch application"

when i click on details it says
    "error: CopuldNotLoadArgumentException [Could not load file/URL specified: sh/AppData/LocalLow/Sun/Java/Deployment/cache/6.0/72ca97287-11f513d2.ico?]
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Don't know if that clears anything up for anyone? I'm going to try and delete jade and java right now and reinstall both I have a feeling that should prolly work.

control panel > programs> java
    think of clicking this link as you would defragmenting your
    HD, just watch a movie or something while it loads.

view...

right click latest installation of JADE, and make a shortcut

here is your icon
    Last edited by gut; 07-22-2011 at 04:35 AM.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Default awsome!

awsome! you nailed it gut thank you very much

well actually... the game loads up and lets me generate a character, name, race, sex, skills then it shuts itself down... which isn't very good in my opinion... s'pose i'll delete it again and redownload see if that gets any results

ok I fixed it sorry bout making so many posts. I just jumped the gun and got frustrated 'cus i thought JADE hated me or sumthing

I ended up deleting it and when I went to the view option for java I noticed there was a few JADEs on there so I deleted the older ones and picked the one that was added today.

and on that note i'll think it out a sec before i jump the gun and post