Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Shadows

i'll sign up for this league to get some practice if i end up in a server league

nathrakh Guest

Errr.. Am I blind or something as I can't find the account name/password anywhere. How can I access the character? It's my turn..

It should have/will be PM'd to you - check your PMs.

Ack, sorry, seems I missed out on sending you the user/pass, nathrakh. Will send it now!

_Ln_ and riktikticheck added to the league too. Others are welcome to join too
    Last edited by Grey; 04-30-2009 at 07:52 PM.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I'm not gonna be too formal about who's turn it is by the way, so if you're within the next few to have a turn and you're around to take it and the others aren't then please feel free to just say here you're taking it and go ahead and play.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

I guess I'll grab it now then. Wish me luck.
    Loitering with intent to loiter.

Wait! Wait wait wait...

*Logs into spectator account*

*Grabs popcorn*

Okay, you're good.

(Nah, thanks for letting us know first. It's such a hoot watching these!)

Heh, logged in and saw you fighting a troll king with 2 hp left and thought oh well, won't be spectating for long... Managed to scare it off though - well done. Let's hope you last the other 900 turns

Covenant, you should join the IRC channel. It's like MST meets ADOM
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

That was about the only exciting bit I think. Made some dumb mistakes, but hey, I did better than I expected.

18001: Broswed Inventory and dropped gold.
    18065: I23
    18068: Coosho and flesh golem, tried some spells, resorted to hitting golem with spiky stick.
    18094: Lvl 14 - Gemology maxed, mining, first aid and listening thrice - not much choice :s
    18132: Alarm trap - woe is me
    18179: Found downstairs, ignored for now
    18193: Distand wind
    18221: take lightning vortex out with fireball, now level 2
    18243: Picked up square key
    18287: Firebolted DE priestss
    18351: Shoot id mithril arrows
    18384: Hungry; Eat a corpse
    18458: Burning hands a greater mummy, picked up wrapping
    18466: Gleefully kill wild cat
    18523: Picked upHealing potion
    18660: Shields lvl 3
    18690: Dumbly ate a spider corpse, twit
    18734: Health increase
    18766: Burning hands for a baby black dragon, but not before our wooden shield is destroyed, equiping small shield
    18806: I24
    18828: Downstairs, handy
    18840: Burning hands lvl18
    18842: Drink healing potion but down to 2 hp, via troll king, then it panic, phew!
    18850: Close door and hear distant wind, going to try w5ing for a bit
    19072: First aid -> 66
    19590: 93hp, ate last large ration during w5ing, down to I25, i dont like this
    19649: Skelletal warrior burning hands'd after a tough couple of hits - River
    19702: Hungry, eat elven bread, down to candy, give up on trying to milk trap for arrows
    19716: hit hard by stone statue, praying
    19726: waste a fireball, lose some random stuff to firebreath, finally beat statue to death.
    19800: dopelganger corpse, great, thried to cook, in case of starvation, failed
    20001: w5ed till now
    http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_users/league1/luciuska.vlg

Can't remember how to tag a link so ^^

Sorry for a slow, boring watch
    Last edited by LuciusKain; 04-30-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Must remember basic grammar
    Loitering with intent to loiter.

Hey LuciusKain -

I watched you playing all the way. That troll king gave me a scare too! I thought it was gonna go like, you just let loose one more bolt as it panics, it shrugs it off, throws a rock at you... you get it But nice that you survived.

Now the criticism. Why on earth don't you use tactics? You meleed monsters you couldn't even scratch - on Normal. Go Berserk, or V. Aggressive if you want shield marks too (which you did seem to want). Worst offenders were things like greater undead and probably that stone statue. You were sniping monsters from a safe distance - on Normal. That's what Berserk was invented for (well, not, but for that kind of archery, it's Berserk all the way) You closed in on melee range for Burning Hands on that freaking Troll King on Normal. Had you switched to Coward, you probably would have gotten off way cheaper. Same with the stone statue, except that you actually needed a prayer there to save your sorry butt. Just a tip: next time you meet one, don't use fire on it.

Other than that, we still love you