Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Shadows

So, can I join the queue?

Maybe we could copy the save file after this round ends, and turn it into two accounts? With the intention of forming two mini-leagues, I mean. Might speed things up a bit.
    Last edited by Covenant; 05-01-2009 at 09:43 PM.

I think yes to all three suggestions. I'll update the cfg to include show_experience (I always have that on myself). Ars, you're in too now - will PM you the login details.

When this round ends we'll split it into two leagues, both using the same character as it is at the end of round 1. The login name for the second league is league2, with the password the same as for league1 (imaginative, eh?) Check out the first post for how you fall into each league. Dead players will be revived and given a second chance. The playing order need not be followed exactly - you can take your turn as long as you're within the next three and you post here saying you're about to play (obviously check first that no one else is playing).

So, still in round 1 now. Once riktikticheck and Ars have taken their turns we'll split down the trousers of time.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

i will take my turn now, feel free to spectate and laugh when i meet mu untimely doom

Cool - I'm watching
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Cool - I'm watching
    It took me until now to realise why it keeps halting - he's stopping to write down the report.

I feel like Columbo.

Yay, a game on when I can watch

Damn, that blinkie just got one hell of a critical...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

I chuckled to myself when the room was *full* of blink dogs... and then a Vortex wanders in too.

damn forgot the vlg...
    well next time i will remember

22000 go trough stuff, tension room on the level
    22030 find a goblin and shoot it with the pile of 22 arrows (+1. 1d6) he drops onyx amulet and there is a blubbery potion on the floor
    22070 find stairs down
    22075 room full of rust monsters... with a large to lead them
    22129 small shield rusts, switched in orchis spear to not rust the best weapon, it's a gonner too. some rounds later the rusty shield is turned to powder
    22149 remember to rename myself... close door on rust monsters and rest pp back
    22271 a darkelven wizard disturbs me and sommons large spiders and tarantulas i frostbolt / burning hands them to death
    22383 orch butcher stuck in webs i practice archery on the helpless target
    22470 firebolt a berserker lord, melee a rat, arrow in goblin. get hungry eat one of the pile of 3 candy. walk into a water trap rusting the dagger of returning and a square key
    22493 frostbolt a ratling master thief and a large bat they leave a soft wood wand and both leave a corpse and i eat the bat right away
    22509 a robe on the floor i equip id it, (+1, +1) [+2, +1] Shining and not cursed melee a dog and a rat
    22546 kobold shaman which i start to shoot full of arrows then a goblin slavemaster followed by a dopleganger lord i fire/ frost bolt them
    22587 i shoot a hobgoblin full of arrows and get another corpse. which brings me to satiated
    22630 i wait on the stairs for full health before deacensing but a troll berserker disturbs me i shoot and burning hands him
    22665 i continue resting and get an large orc - frost bolt
    22702 more waiting and an ancient minotaur pops up i fire bolt and burning hands him to death and gain a level: swimming all six times now at 100 and i pick immune to pain as it was awailable.
    22719 a blinking dog apears i name it original and let it summon friends which i start to melee i get a corpse and proceed to eat it right away (no dogs there to see me and get angry)
    22803 original gets more help and a fire vortex joins the fun : results include a cooked blinking dog and a slimy potion a blinking dog crits my robes to pieses.
    22839 so i get 1 more blinking dog corpse and put the thik fors back on - i eat the un cooked corpse so it won't spoil a fire drake pops up and i frost bolt it he drops a 400s chain mail, which i try on it is a normal -1, -3; -3, +5 chain
    22870 an annihilator enters stair room, i decide to descend just in case and leaves me enough time to clear next level which is the plan.
    22900 i28 has an alarm trap, could come in handy i find a bandit and shoot/melee him as i notice we are burdened with little food i decide to drop the thick furs and a broad sword
    22963 i find a halberd on the ground and as we have no shield i equip it poisonous +5. 2d7+1 halberd uncursed
    22966 i find a red dragon - frost bolt, a leather girdle and 2000 gold i take the girdle money belt +1, +0 while still burdened i decide to drop the rusty orchish spear
    22995 i run into a stone golem i burning hands it to smitherens and find a silver diadem +0, +0 ap +4 so i drop it back
    23020 i find a cave lizard and shoot/ melee it and find a willowisp frost bolt it to hell. find a potion of poison on the ground
    23049 a greater deamon appears i web it and try to find stairs as i doubt i can kill it,
    23070 i kill a giant centipede on the way
    23089 a firegiant bites frost bolt the deamon find me again -2 TO i then manage to get 2 frost bolts trough the shrugging and kill the bastard. he drops an electrum amulet
    23135 i shoot/hit a clawbug to death
    23166 i shoot/burning hands a troll, 2 goblin rockthowers
    23203 kill a hellhound and somethign behind it with 2 frosbolts
    23255 find stairs down 2 cave bears and a griffon which i firebolt to death
    23267 stone giant gets bolts and drops tome and gives us 258 castings of darkness on first read. i decide to use some time to read the book away
    23290 while reading the book a barbarian leader interupts me and i ghet bows group 4 after finished reading i have 547 castings of darkness
    23378 a black hurtling drops a handcrosbow and i eat my slightly rotten cooked blinking dog
    23413 a rat and a kobold, carrion crawler later nothing special
    23508 a troll apears and leaves a corpse bloated and blood courses faster i'll wait the 400 or so turns near the stairs now
    23603 a baby karmic dragon appears and breathes lighning down to 69 hp then acid, which kills my chainmail light boots , 1 sling bullet rusty square key and the scroll gnay-gniy
    23614 a potion of blindness at his head and i run down to next level as we ahe almost nothing that hurts the thing
    23615 i29 starts off with a river next to the stairs i start by resting back some much needed hp there is also a distant wind on the level
    24000 back to 81 hp still kicking went to 24001 as i accidentally tried to remove a ring while checking out what i left behind...