Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Shadows

Well, if they can't BURN doors in ADOM they should be able to at least OPEN them, don't you think?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Do we have any keys? I'm getting images of you fiendishly creating doors, hoping they match the one key-type we possess :P

I see I'm next. If the Windows CD I'm due arrives tomorrow, I may be able to get my computer fixed enough to play in the early evening. If not, though, don't worry about it - I'll be back for the real one :P

Save file should be restored now. Hope it is the right one

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Well, if they can't BURN doors in ADOM they should be able to at least OPEN them, don't you think?
    Well they can crush them down too. If they're locked that is, otherwise they're more sophisticated than that. Dragons also equip items, so why not open doors?

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    34334: read a scroll of identify, identifying potions (I'm not going to tell you what they were).
    That's a bit problematic, cause if somebody specced you then they know... So it would be fair if all info would be shared I think, even upon death. In the server leagues.
    Last edited by Ars; 05-05-2009 at 11:34 PM.

was he (or you) standing on the doorway?

There is a bug with doorways, I don't know how it works exactly but I think if the monster is standing on it he can see in the darkness (or maybe if you are standing on it he can see you, I don't know).

Otherwise, I have no idea. Darkness being useful is new to me.

I died. I managed to survive the level which killed my predecessor. Unfortunately, the next level contained an ancient karmic dragon. In hindsight, wearing cursed cloak of invisibility to escape from it was a mistake... but if I didn't wear it, I might have died even faster. Anyway, lack of food killed me. I drank everything, including poison. I zapped a wand of monster creation in hope of generating something that would leave a corpse. I got a greater moloch. In the end I suicided on it, looks much better in the highscores. (only thing edible was the damn cookie in my hand)

Since I died, exact details of what I did will not be disclosed in order to maximize chances of further failures . Unless someone was watching of course. Anyway, I could have dealt with the situation at the beginning a bit better. It was a good training for the real thing though.

I don't think dead people have to report their stuff, but I think people should announce when they're going to play their turn on the server with some notice so the others get a chance to spectate very closely
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I don't think dead people have to report their stuff, but I think people should announce when they're going to play their turn on the server with some notice so the others get a chance to spectate very closely
    So it's ok that those who don't get to spec are at (even bigger) disadvantage?

It's definitely a problem. I don't think it's right to require people to lessen their chances of getting back in by disclosing details of their death, so they can keep that out of the report in my book. If someone spectated then that's what they signed up for when they entered a server league. If this means that the guys who don't get to spectate are gimped in that they don't receive the information the spectators got, then that's how it is. You can't really solve that without it either being unfair to someone or forbidding people to spectate, and if we did the latter having a server league wouldn't make sense in the first plance.

Grey? What do you think?

I say we encourage people to spectate :P It's not 100% fair of course, but nothing is. The chance of getting some real advantage is pretty minor anyway. Having chars reveal hidden details on death would make it more boring.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!