Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Shadows

I'll begin now. Have fun!

Well, there wasn't any fun after all.

I went to clear the tension room being bloated. Probably there was no sense in it. During combat I tried to lure some mobs from the room and I was sure that the next monster would be berserker emperor, but giant slug appeared. I thought - I won't drink Invis potion, just cast darkness for berserkers and deal with the slug. As a result of such overconfidence it (giant slug) just ate me

32123 turns, lvl 17, 302281 xp

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    Well I'll play it 17:30 in Finland's time which is GMT+2. 14:30 + 3 hours: 17:30. How is that GMT+3???

Duh.. Maybe I'm mistaken here. I don't know but I'm bit sleepy. :P
    Ooops. Forgot to play. I'll play NOW -->

edit: oh man. encounter with a moloch. what should I do? :O

edit2: I ended, sorry I didn't notice at all and went WAY over the turn limit.. I ended at 40144 or something like that.. sorry.

38000 - start.
    38121 - go to I45

unicorn tension room in the level? I encountered black and white unicorn. I kill various monsters including the black unicorn (got level).

38600 or so - descend to I46. eat 2 large rations I found.
    38740 - found scroll of uncursing
    38881 - encounter with a moloch :d I decide to run, dopplegander lord (or was it king) blocks the way. I scorch it to death.

I descend to I 47 and enter a big room with a haste, it has shadow wyrm which had time to summon shadows before I reacted. I wonder my options... I put the invisibility cloak on, escaped to a corridor and started killing some shadows out from the way. then I decided to kill the wyrm and lured it to another corridor, casted darkness (which didnt help) and scorched it to death with burning hands.. low castings. :P

I forgot the take notes but I ran away from 2 karmic baby dragons, another one is in sw part of level and another one is behind the door to east. I'm bit of a noob and haven't played the game to higher levels so I have only little monster knowledge. It made playing harder as some monsters I had never seen before..

oh well.
    Last edited by nathrakh; 05-04-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Run away?

Lightning/acid works on molochs for sure. Frost might too, so you could try bolting him to death.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

edit: oh man. encounter with a moloch. what should I do? :O
    Oh, that's what the big pause was. I was rooting for the moloch to catch you while you were fighting the Doppleganger Lord >:]

edit2: I ended, sorry I didn't notice at all and went WAY over the turn limit.. I ended at 40144 or something like that.. sorry.
    In future be more careful - it could be grounds for disqualification.

Was impressed by your turn though, you did a great job killing and avoiding some tough monsters
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

well previous player left turn marker 140 turns on my turf so a bit easier i guess.

highlights of the run:
    finding an accurate heavy crosbow (+10, +3) after shooting and hitting polearms 8 and crosbows 2
    was dodging around ancient karmic wyrm and ghost lord with invis cloak on.

used more castings on bolts and burning hands even if i tried to mainly melee and shoot. left my self on stairs satiated at 42k turns and again forgot to vlg...

oh right while waiting in the end got corrupted with the aura so a nice +6 DV bonus
    Last edited by riktikticheck; 05-04-2009 at 06:10 PM.

The Arena Master shifts uncomfortably on his iron throne.

"Artifacts, invisibility, running away from ancient dragons? Hrmph, it's no fun to watch these cowards scamper around like scavenging rats. The only way to see more blood spilled is to get them to spill each other's... OPEN THE GATE!"

Deep below the ground a team of twisted chaotic beings slowly crank open a huge metal gate. Wild, dark energies suddenly burst out, filling the air with the scent of taint.

"League1, the chaos gate is now open. Profane and chaotic tactics are allowed. Tear each other to shreds for our amusement! I shall be watching with glee..."

"League2, you pathetic miserable swines, get a move on! evariste and Epythic, take your turns before I lay your gizzards on a plate and feed your ugly faces to a pack of wild weevils!"
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    You're quite right - I apologise, and in the interests of fairness you will be revived for the next round. I should have tested myself that both leagues' save backups were working. Alas the one thing I didn't test ended up being the one thing broken... I was quite dissappointed myself and not getting to have a go at the living walls. My turn was very easy by comparison.
    Ah, it wasn't worth getting bothered about - I was just a bit moody because my computer's decided to completely knacker itself. Hopefully it should be fixed by mid-week, but if not, and I'm not around by the time my turn should have come up, don't worry about moving me or taking me out or whatever.

Sorry about delaying ChAoS... I was gone for the weekend. I'll take my turn shortly if anyone wants to watch...