Thread: Post Scriptum: Hacker attack

Default Post Scriptum: Hacker attack

It finally seems that we managed to quench the holes plugged into the server by the malicious hacker attack at the weekend. I sincerely hope that for the time being there are no new problems. Thanks to Jochen who first detected the problem, thanks to Powerweb for their support in fixing the problems and thanks to everyone who offered their support.

At least there is one benefit from all this: I upgraded to a new version of vBulletin and this new version trivializes the killing of spammers: Its basically a three step process to delete a spam thread and ban the spammer forever. In the old version you had to walk through three different processes. A real bliss. And we have a better catcha at the beginning (and I could make it even more difficult but I myself failed to read the captcha at highest level which seems to be a bit too much).
    Now let's game one!
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Well, it was actually me who first noticed something weird. As Jochen said in the thread I made:

Quote Originally Posted by j.t View Post
    Thanks, Laukku! Your post made me aware that something was wrong with the ADOM server, so I contacted Thomas immediately. You known the rest of the story...
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

nathrakh Guest

All praise Laukku. No but seriously, good job.

These new forums have some nice features but I'm too used to the old one's appearance. This looks so cluttered.

Hmm, a container named after my username in JADE (once they get implemented) would be a nice reward. :-> Nah.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Hmm, hopefully it's all fine now.

The new forums are nice for a lot of the updated features (and fixing a few previously broken ones). I think the look of it is too spaced out though - it's not as compact as the previous version. I guess I'll get used to it though.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Normally I am the last person to like change, but this time I'm making an exception.
    I think the new look is much more aesthetic than the last. Nice black text on a white
    background that just subtly leans toward blue. I say keep it this way forever. The
    only quirk is that all the invisi-text we have posted is now pretty obvious, at least on
    laptops with the screen at an angle.
    Last edited by gut; 09-14-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."