Thread: I cant believe i did that!

Default I cant believe i did that!

A very promising start cut short by mindless stupidity. I had a terrific start with my latest high elf archer- 7LB from PC6, perma invis from pool, scimitar of devastation for gratuitous melee action (for an archer).
    Enter Thrudarr, quest giver and the bane of all players overconfident with thier shiny new things.
    Kill a hell hound he says...no problem...5 minutes in the big room and we are done.
    Find the animated forest and see whats on the other side he says, "oh and theres a shortcut...kinda dangerous but youll be fine." So into the DH I go (like an idiot) i decend, a blue D is next to the stairs.
    No worries...im invis ill drag him up a level and fill it full of arrows. I go up but it cant see me so stays put. I decend again and its a red D...oh i think...karmic dragon...better shoot it. "You hit the karmic dragon and slightly wound it. It hits you,It hits you,It hits you. you die.
    I guess shooting it in melee range was pretty stupid.
    Moral: Next time shoot Thrundarr. Bastard suckers me more times than i care to think about it.

DH'll do that to ya, I've lost a million promising characters early on in there, that's why I'm a scaredy cat and go through the AF... especially when invisible, slow and steady wins the race sum times

I once went to small cave with a newly formed DE assassin. First a pool - 3 sips got me some resistance, then invis then corruption IIRC. Going deeper and stabbing things, next level "you feel a surge of power". Green dagger - emerald. Guarded by some named troll - killed quickly. Then the guaranteed vault. Mixed one, okay. Slash, slash, worn boots, yay 7lb dropped. Then boom skull crusher. Holy F***! Lvl 9, perma invis, 7LB, emerald, SC. I'm invincible. Let's go kill hotzy early. Enter the village. Do you really want to backstab hotzy? Y. Hotzy hits you x3, you are poisoned! You are bleeding! You die...
    Of course I don't need to add I wielded artifacts in both hands, I thought dual at this stage would be cool...
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 12-09-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    I once went to small cave with a newly formed DE assassin. First a pool - 3 sips got me some resistance, then invis then corruption IIRC. Going deeper and stabbing things, next level "you feel a surge of power". Green dagger - emerald. Guarded by some named troll - killed quickly. Then the guaranteed vault. Mixed one, okay. Slash, slash, worn boots, yay 7lb dropped. Then boom skull crusher. Holy F***! Lvl 9, perma invis, 7LB, emerald, SC. I'm invincible. Let's go kill hotzy early. Enter the village. Do you really want to backstab hotzy? Y. Hotzy hits you x3, you are poisoned! You are bleeding! You die...
    Of course I don't need to add I wielded artifacts in both hands, I thought dual at this stage would be cool...
    Hahaha, that's a perfect example of why you shouldn't melee Hotzy early, never ever. Also, dual wield is cool, but never optimal, even with a ranger.