Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spellbook of Wish. From the Start of the game.

Cool Spellbook of Wish. From the Start of the game.

^ topic.

So, please discuss. I'm a human wizard with a spellbook of wish from the start of the game.
    There is no way I can use this. Lol. I refuse to touch my character for fear of making it look like I edited anything.

Advice, suggestions or laughter would be welcome.
    I'll upload the file save as a zip. Check it all you want, and The Creator is welcome to as well.
    I'm not a hacker or anything, this just blew my mind.

I swear upon my grave this is 100% legitimate.

I think I can explain how, as long as everyone can agree that my svg file is completely sheer proof that
    I have not tampered with my adom winbeta 4 or my info.

Feel free to drive yourselves crazy playing Yssi, my wizard with a Spellbook of Wish from the start.

Thomas Biskup, your game beat itself for me, I must be an Archmage from the start or something, because there's no way I can use that spellbook.
    So this is also a bug report.

P.S. Do I win a prize or something? I'd love the source code for ADOM lolz.
    Attached Files Attached Files

hmm, I dunno, looks kinda fishy to me...
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Just sell it in Dwarftown and hope you can buy something good for it. Like, I dunno, a spellbook or something.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

nathrakh Guest

Yes, best to sell it. IIRC you get atleast a couple of thousand gold for it. Enough to possibly get good equipment from Barnabas.

i still think he's faking it...
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I'm pretty sure I've got Wish on creation before. Or, at least, the priest version.

I agree with the above. You can probably sell it most of a precrown if you lug it to Dwarftown or HMV. If you really want to archmage, buy it back when you don't care about money anymore.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

That's happened to me once or twice playing Wizards. Amusing, but useless since the book is practically impossible to read at low levels, and even if you manage to read it, casting the spell is expensive enough to kill you many times over. So, basically you're starting with extra money and short one spellbook.

I once got a minimal knowledge of Wish at game start from drinking a potion of wonder. Got stuck in yet another untenable situation, and dramatically suicided by attempting to cast it... think I died somewhere around -2000 hp. Come back with a savefile when you start with a WAND of wishing

fyi, there is a way for mid- to high-level Wizards (and only Wizards) to get one guaranteed Wish spellbook. If you survive long enough to get the book and read it, you're past the point when a wish would really come in handy anyway.

As rare as this is, it's sadly not actually very useful. The Wish spell is a bitch to learn and cast. The best use really is to sell it.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Already about level 10 wizard can successfully read a spellbook of wish (just make sure you will not starve during those 3000 turns it takes to read). Managing to read it gives quite a huge boost to learning, I think I got it from about 25 to 3 levels higher when I once found a spellbook of wish from PC and read it.

Happened to me a few months ago. Destroyed by a trap soon after. The RNG doth give, But usually it just takes... On this note, started a completely random char(Necro) with a !oCC today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I don't like being superstitious. It gives bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    "Today I will show everyone the size of my e-penis by stickying a thread from one year ago that absolutely no one cares about!"
    What happens when a being with godlike power has no concept of limits and unfettered creativity? Anything.
    ?/0