Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Thee Weakest Link '09: League of Fire

warning to IGB for sloppy play [if that means anything]
    Purge goes next to 10.000
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    perhaps you could explain a bit more on discussion thread. That babling does not impress me so far.
    Because you're a stuck-up elitist, that's why.

Wow, compliments. Me like that. And where are proper flowers?
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Because you're a stuck-up elitist, that's why.
    Wrong thread.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

He's obviously too much of a noob faggot to see the difference between flame and fire...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

All the same to glorious Water, though!

/shameless self-plugging

Okay, i clearly see i can stick rule about other players not posting in this thread in mine own rear end.

I suppose I can post advice strickly related to "our" character in this thread.

Missile weapons - Slings are probably useless, as we throw rocks and specific sling ammo is rare and mostly harmless. I think we can forego quarrels, as launchers are semi-rare and heavy, and ammo not too common. Arrows and bows we might consider keeping. I would not equip a bow until I had 2 in a stack, as then they would most like not be cursed both. This will eat up some carrying capacity, but a stack each of, say, undead and construct slaying arrows would remove some common mindcrafter anxieties. I think undead slaying have a pretty low danger level requirement, we might expect some soonish.

Shield marks - Is good to train. Every mob can give us 3 marks, so stand next to easy mobs and get "deflects" or "block" message 3 times before killing them. After 3 marks no more training possible. Every shield skill increase is +2 DV, up to +14 with our current shield.

Corpses - Remember to eat thing-we-not-normally-eat. Eat Doppleganger by going (very briefly) into starvation - the corpse is not harmful, and going into starvation for one turn (indeed, 100 turns is probably okay) is not dangerous either. Going down to staving also has no effect on net food flow (or whatever), it just lets us get satiated from an otherwise inedible corpse. Also harpy corpse is no problem to eat (I personally normally avoid them, but no point now). Cooking corpses both give more satiation (50% or double) ,it will turn a cursed corpse into an uncursed (blessed are unaffected) and of course extend the corpses life drastically. Downside is time spent defenseless in dangerous area, and possibility of failure. But 70 skill is NOT 70% success chance, more like 90-95%.

And for the love of BOG, carry (cooked) corpses in inventory to enable food pres. increase. We are at 56 now, which was max trainable last level. Exery levels gives us 5 skill increases, so if the potential is high enough we can get over 60 (means a lot (double?) more corpses). Rat corpses are light and work just as well as a giant lizard corpse (i.e. eat the lizard, carry the rat)
    Last edited by Molach; 05-07-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Default Turns 8000-10029

needed to repost to add the vlg file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by purge; 05-08-2009 at 03:08 AM. Reason: needed to repost to add the vlg file.

Default Turns 8000-10029

Ate cooked bandit corpse and a few bones.
    Met a stone snake, used mental blast + melee to kill.
    Met a wight, used mental shield + berserk to kill.
    Met a wraith, used mental shield + berserk. got hit/exhausted.
    Picked up a warhammer.
    Read an unidentified scroll, "you suddenly know everything about this dungeon level."
    Met a displacer beast, killed but down to 33 hp.
    Met a giant spider, used mental blast + melee to kill.
    picked up a hand crossbow + couple tiny quarrels.
    Met a female master swordsman, mind blasted twice, then threw a rock to kill
    Met a barbarian leader and killed it with rocks. Gained EXP level 12. Raised archery, literacy x2, stealth x2, and took the long stride talent.
    Ate all the bones.
    Met a lightning vortex, and descended without trying to kill it.
    Met a clay golem near the stairs. Got hit down to 17 life and slowed. Ran around it and away and closed the door to the next room to delay it, killed with rocks on berserk.
    Healed for a while. Got hungry and ate a fortune cookie.
    Picked up large ration, started exploring.
    Met a berserker lord, killed it with rocks and a mind blast.
    Found the down stairs.
    Got satiated cooking a couple jackel corpses and eating.
    Found a large ration but left it at the down stairs due to weight issues.
    Got bloated due to eating another jackel.
    Ambushed by a claw bug. Got taken down to 17 health. Backed up and killed it with a rock.
    Attacked by a female doppleganger and swordsman, killed them with rocks and mental blasts.
    Met a female doppleganger lord. Tried to fight her but I was losing and was forced to descend. I left behind almost all the rocks and the extra large ration.
    Fought a displacer beast at stairs, killed with confusion blast + berserk melee.

Good luck to Epythic!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by purge; 05-08-2009 at 03:15 AM.