Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Ice

It seems I've fixed my computer just in time to be able to make my league. Phew.

Don't fancy our PC much though, she seems rather weak. We'll have to hope for some good finds.

Also, as far as talents go, what are people's thoughts? Personally, I think there are arguments for both magical lines and also more defensive/speed ones. Healthy will probably be my choice if I get a chance to pick.
    Last edited by Covenant; 05-06-2009 at 08:36 PM.

I'm a big fan of the 'skin' line (though moreso with dwarves). +PV is incredibly useful early on, and even later it's helpful.

Not sure how much the magic line will help us. Paladins don't (afaik) get a higher chance of books like real casting classes so it's not likely we will get enough of them to make it worth it.

I'm not really happy with the char either, paladin class abilities are all useless to us (no altars = no piety), and 8 To with no real chance of herbs to raise it is painful. At least we started with healing, I guess, and if we do find spellbooks we have a better chance to use them then mana's illiterate barbarian

> gut, did you also just pick your initials as user name,
    > or is there more thought behind it?

One of my first ADOM PC's that I really cared about
    was a troll I had affectionately named 'gut'. So ~1
    year ago I decided to start chatting on RGRA, and
    chose that for my handle. After that, I just kept it
    for all the ADOM boards.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I always knew you were a troll at heart :P
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I usually go for the skin talents first, but with starting PV at 9 it felt less important this time.

Ohek. Looks like I'm up already. No time now, I shall try in the morning. If not; tomorrow night. Go me for holding everything up.
    Loitering with intent to loiter.

No worries, we all have lives
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    No worries, we all have lives
    Or pretend to have.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BurnedToast View Post
    Not sure how much the magic line will help us. Paladins don't (afaik) get a higher chance of books like real casting classes so it's not likely we will get enough of them to make it worth it.
    My memory is that paladins get 2.5x more books than normal (wizards get 10x more, for reference). I don't remember where I recall reading that, though, so I might have just made it up.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Paladins get Concentration, that helps a lot with books. With at least partially Clerical spells they get x2 effectivity progression like clerical casters get for pure Arcane or arcane casters for pure Clerical spells. There aren't that many melee classes that get Concentration, actually.

I'd consider the dark elven paladin, for instance, to be a versatile r/c-combo with lots of potential reflected in their skillset and high Mana. One of my personal favorites.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.