Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Ice

Going to take my turn in a few minutes, as soon as I summon the courage. Seriously, I think this may be it for me.

Ok, off I go.

16000: rested for a bit, used symbol a bit
    16261: Teleported away from Formorian giant, didn't fancy my chances with the wolves to come.
    16268: found out we have no quarrels
    16280ish: engage direwolves, plan on teleporting werewolf lord
    16399: dead to werewolf lord
    I was so concentrated on the fight that I forgot to log things, but i teleported the slayer from hp away towards the end, and got the lord to critical before he killed me. Annoyingly, the wolves gave me no trouble, if I killed the lord I would probably have been home free. That's about it.

11828 LuciusKain (league3). L11 high elven paladin (F). 49484 xps.
    16400 turns. Died on 5/11/2009.
    She was killed by a werewolf lord on level 18 of some ancient
    caves.
    Last edited by LuciusKain; 05-11-2009 at 09:57 PM.
    Loitering with intent to loiter.

Went quite well, I thought, despite much mockery from Soirana and Grey :P

16000: Begin, take stock of character skills, items, etc. Use holy symbol for a while

16660: FINALLY get enough piety for a prayer. But I notice grey oozes are all over the level. Bleh.

16670: Teleport to the wolf room. Try lightning on the slayer.

16700: Cast from health a few times, but the slayer is dead.

16720: Swords up one level.

16750: Divine Wrath effictivity up once.

16800: Pick up heavy mace (200s). Purifier? :P

166850: Shields +1

16900: Teleport the werewolf lord away. Eat three corpses in the process of killing wolves, and find some scale male and a gray potion.

17100: Clear the down-stairs. Read divine wrath spellbook. After two attempts, improve knowledge.

17111: Descend to I19

17120: Used one of our 3 Kapow scrolls. It was identify - I identify weapons, drop some crap ones to become unburdened.

17140: Picked up a potion of exchange.

17160: Come across a suspicious green object in the middle room. Decide it may be a mimic, and move on.

17250: Find the downstairs, kill a dark orc.

17350: Find and kill a necromancer and his pack of skeles/ghuls (this was on on very defensive; I still recommend we be careful around paralyzers). Get some light boots and bones. Kill a cave orc, eat a cave orc corpse.

17485: Steel zombie gets a critical hit in. Retreat to the stairs, heal up.

17550: Dark Elven Priestess shows up. Try to lightning bolt her, doesn't go well. Decide to teleport her away to avoid being paralyzed. Have to cast from HP, sorry.

17604: Descend to I20 to avoid priestess (who resists teleportation).

17657: Rest to gain PP.

17700: Find a small shield and a fire drake corpse. I pick up the shield, eat the corpse. We now have fire resistance.

17800: Divine wrath a wraith to death.

18000: Started exploring the northern corridor, came across a dark orc. There were only a few turns left, so I just retreated west so that the next guy would have more options when it came to dealing with it (though personally I'd have just wrath'd it).

http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_users/league3/covenant.vlg

Also, note: I didn't use the prayer. So it should require minimal use of Holy Symbol (or a level-up) to regain the piety required for one (as some will have decayed over time).
    Last edited by Covenant; 05-12-2009 at 08:23 PM.

OK, 'bout to take my turn.

18000 -- Off we go. Melee the dark orc to death and collect an iron ration.
    18050 -- I move to the right of the level bookcasting DW wherever i can to save spell memory
    18075 -- You swing at the air! Uh oh. In an open room as well. No bolts, so it's an invisible stalker, I guess. I back up and use the 'n' trick to keep track of his location, and use bouncing bolts to kill him.
    18200 -- Use the holy symbol until we're recovered. 'You feel comfortable'.
    18275 -- Open a door, trapped. Wand of knocking and gray potion go boom.
    18350 -- Kill ogre lord, level up. All four increases into Healing, talent Very Quick.
    18400 -- A bunch of stuff happens here which involves me ID'ing a load of equipment. In order to preserve the integrity of the game going forward, I won't report on it.
    18800 -- You hear a popping sound! Uh oh. I run over to the right-hand side of the level and try to open the door to the last remaining room. It's locked. I back off and drop all our stuff, then return and kick it - rune trap. Down to ~40hp. The stair room is entirely full of ochre jellies. Bolting them only takes them to moderately wounded, so it's going to have to be melee.
    18900 -- They're reproducing almost as fast as I can kill them, but by hacking away at them and casting Divine Wrath every time I have enough PP, I'm slowly cutting their numbers down. I have enough piety to pray once for healing, but I'm thinking if I can kill enough of them, their breeding will be slowed sufficiently that I can take a little longer over cleaning up the stragglers, and I can hold our prayer in reserve for the future.
    19000 -- Continue whacking away while keeping a close eye on my hitpoints. The jellies are doing from 5 to an observed maximum of 9 points of damage, and my HP is in the mid-twenties, so by my reckoning I should be safe even in the unlikely event of a critica... oh, wait, I'm dead. Taken down to exactly 0hp in one shot. That's... kind of annoying. Serves me right for trying to squeak out maximum efficiency instead of being greedier and just using the damn prayer. :P GG!

Best of luck to the other guys in the league, it's been fun. Apologies, I didn't note down my final score and such and I can't remember where the highscores are stored on the server in order to get it.

High score details are found here:

http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_hiscore/hiscore_leagues.txt

I've updated the first page of this thread with your score.

BurnedToast, you're next to die
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by furious_styles View Post
    ...and my HP is in the mid-twenties...
    Bah. Thats shitloads.

I'll probably be taking my turn in 10 or 15 min, if anyone wants to observe.

Edit:

Ok, I start up, check my stuff, then book cast bolt the dark orc then finish it in melee, it drops an iron ration. I kill the orc seargent behind him in melee as well as a rat and something invisible (invisible stalker, I believe). I'm down to 37 hp. so I pray for a bit to heal - I feel comfortable so we have a prayer back for sure, maybe two.

I am attacked by a wererat while praying, I take no damage but get 2 large rat corpses which I eat - nom nom nom. I didn't think to keep it alive to try and get more till I had already killed it

I kick open the west door and book-cast lighting bolt at some stuff, and am killed by a chaos knight and a dark brother before I can move again. oops!

14658 points, 60209 exp, 18376 turns died on level 20 - killed by a chaos knight.

That's what I get for trying to conserve our resources instead of wasting them like mad last time, heh. Better luck to the next guy.
    Last edited by BurnedToast; 05-13-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Indeed I did observe. Condolences.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Yes, commiserations. Surprised a char with teleport and high PV is dying so easily... Qui, it's now your turn - try and do the PC a little justice, eh?

Cheers to whoever restored the save, by the way.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Cheers to whoever restored the save, by the way.
    once in a while i got thing working for me
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)