Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Two more people to try, on a char with some very nice resources. I don't forsee an Abyss situation occurring. Would be very entertaining if it did though
    Go go Abyss, I want back in!

3* 21919 Riktiktichek (league3). L13 high elven paladin (F). 89239
    xps. 24104 turns. Died on 5/20/2009.
    She was killed by a large spider on level 24 of some ancient
    caves.

tried to get to stairs but the first spider i met poisoned me trough coward so i tried to teleporst closer to stairs but the squares were full so random teled next to a few spiders and didn't last long after that

Riktikticheck, remember to post on here before you start your turn, so that we have a chance to watch (though it's moot now).

That said, it was a shame - you were in a bad situation from the start really.

Back to Meh now, as I understand it.

I'll take my turn later tonight. Before that, I'd like some clarification on the abyss rules. I think the situation is like this:

If I die on this level, then I'm out no matter what.
    If I make it to the next level, then I win the league, even if I don't survive until the end of my turn.

Is this correct?

check 3 posts ago, i posted i will play at this time and i would have said the same in irc exept i could not connect to the new irc server.

could have posted that i was starting, kinda was planning on irc to do that so forgot to post here at that time

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    I'll take my turn later tonight. Before that, I'd like some clarification on the abyss rules. I think the situation is like this:

If I make it to the next level, then I win the league, even if I don't survive until the end of my turn.

Is this correct?
    That sounds about right to me.

[edit]Question: in the unlikely event that there is an Abyss situation and an outside player manages to survive, that player is respawned in this league, correct? What happens if that player is already a finalist in another league, and then goes on to win this one?
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 05-20-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Someone who's a finalist can't try the Abyss situation as I understand it.

I'm too impatient. My dinner will have to wait, I'm playing my turn now.

Oops, save wasn't up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by riktikticheck View Post
    check 3 posts ago, i posted i will play at this time and i would have said the same in irc exept i could not connect to the new irc server.

could have posted that i was starting, kinda was planning on irc to do that so forgot to post here at that time
    Posting 'I'll play in about 6 hours' isn't the same as posting that you're starting now. People expect the player to post in the topic, given that it's in the rules, and therefore may not even begin watching the server until they see that post, thus missing your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by meh

Is this correct?
    From what I understand, you have to survive your turn, regardless of whether you descend or not.

EDIT: Meh, try logging in again in a minute, Grey hadn't put the save up when you made your first attempt.

Save will be up in 5 minutes...

Edit: Done. Have fun, meh!
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!