Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Ice

Equipping multiple orcish spears (not to mention forgetting to pick up our sword) when we have very limited availability of uncursing options (plus level 9 in swords, and a pretty good one of those) probably wasn't the smartest of ideas.

Also, meh - what colour was the corpse of the baby dragon you ate? And what was the holy symbol saying when you last used it?

Oops, forgot to write down the colour. It was white.

The message from the holy symbol was the standard "You pray."

I'm starting my turn now.

EDIT: Also, it's not related to my turn, but 'explored more and returned low on health' - if you found dangerous monsters on the level, you have to tell others about them. Like I said, just a bit vague for my liking.

Dead. Didn't descend.

Covenant, the high elven paladin, was killed by a large spider.
    She scored 21856 points and advanced to level 13.
    She survived for 0 years, 10 days, 17 hours, 31 minutes and 34 seconds
    (25439 turns).
    Last edited by Covenant; 05-18-2009 at 09:46 PM.

I did mention the dark elf priestess and frost giant. They were the only dangerous monsters I encountered.

He also clearly stated that both were not killed. Guess you should read the report more clearly, Covenant Comisserations on the death though - just a shame I wasn't around to spectate it. Over to qui as the league of Ice really starts to crack...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    He also clearly stated that both were not killed. Guess you should read the report more clearly, Covenant Comisserations on the death though - just a shame I wasn't around to spectate it. Over to qui as the league of Ice really starts to crack...
    It wasn't any specific monster I was referring to so much as the style. If I were to post 'I went for a wander, but got in a fight with something and it was pretty dangerous so I ran back and ended my turn', you'd no doubt wonder what it was, rather than expect to be left to read between the lines and make assumptions one way or the other. Considering the character started at ~30 HP, the inevitable wary eye cast over the end of that log led me to believe there was something dangerous near to the stairs - something meh would know but I wouldn't. Something the full disclosure rule is supposed to prevent, I imagine.

I don't claim that anyone's purposefully excluding information, but all the same I feel entirely justified in asking that we all remember to make an effort to include all relevant details.

Still, thanks for the commiserations.

Died. Killed by a spider, exact details are on the server highscores. But scored lower than Covenant, was a bit too impatient to die maybe . Anyway, a spider factory on the stairs is really nasty, and a player that makes it will be a worthy winner.
    Last edited by Qui; 05-19-2009 at 10:56 PM.

situation was handcrafted so if no one makes downstairs... Let say i wouldn't use tiebreaker call.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

i should be awailable to die in about 6 hours

Two more people to try, on a char with some very nice resources. I don't forsee an Abyss situation occurring. Would be very entertaining if it did though
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!