Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Ice

Killed dark orc (iron ration), hill orc sergeant, inv. stalker, hill giant chieftain, a pair of ochre jellies. Advaced to level 12, maxed Healing. Talent: defensive fighter. Read ?oIdentify, used on scrolls. Read increase melee accuracy. Read uncursing, used on crossbow, equipped bow and arrows instead. Used holy symbol until full hp. Descended.

First thing I met was a lich. Teleported myself away randomly. Appeared near the downstairs. Explored rest of the level. Found elven chain mail, equipped. [+0,+5] is better than [+0,+3]. Lighting bolted a doppelganger lord. Killed wererat and some rats, ate one. Shot ochre jelly repeatedly, bows to level 2. Teleported away from the lich again, used symbol a bit and descended again.

Killed and ate a swordsman. Met a shambling mound. Spectators urged me to milk it for xp. Unfortunately, an ice vortex approached from the other side. I teleported behind the mound, but there was an orc butcher approaching. Teleported from hp away from this menagerie. Found downstairs, waited while using a symbol. Killed a cave bear, hill giant chieftain, dwarven chaos knight (it left a pickaxe). Ended turn on the stairs.

If someone wants to hunt butcher, mound and vortex, they were last seen in the top left room.

I used lightining bolt quite a bit, but there's still quite a lot left, and we still have the book. Food is stable.
    Last edited by Qui; 05-14-2009 at 04:16 PM.

I'm going to tentatively ask if people in this league can be a bit more detailed with the reports.

They're mostly fine (for my tastes, I mean - I don't presume to be an arbiter of the correct level of detail) but I think little things are being missed out sometimes. Meh's, yours tend to be a little bit on the vague side, and on reading this last one by Qui my first thought was 'If we reached level 12, surely we picked a talent?', but it isn't listed (EDIT: It's been added in now, but my point stands that it wouldn't have been forgotten in the first place in a more methodical report).

It's useful, for example, to note roughly how many turns you spend doing things like using the holy symbol (hence why I use turn numbers in a list format) to give better impressions of how much piety is gained - or conversely, how near starvation we are, how long we've been on the current level, etc.

i will be playing in about 24 hours from posting this, i would play today but my day is booked until past midnight.. :/
    Last edited by riktikticheck; 05-15-2009 at 09:12 AM.

damn sadly now is not an option i have too much i need to attend to.
    most likely i can still play in the evening, which means 8-10 hours from now - was already looking forward to dying on a live show

You want to play on the server? Let us know and we can get the save file uploaded in advance.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

This is a server league, Grey. You're managing it.

Wow, I'm really losing it, aren't I? :P
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

hungry
    kill 2 slimes 2 tarantulas, poisoned.
    20071 bows 3 on more tarantulas and a slow shadow, run at sight of priestess
    20176 descend i23 wand of knocking on door
    try to melee ancient minotaur, gets us down to 43 hp so i divine wrath him
    20205 bows 4 kill hell hound and large gnoll drops hand axe
    20311 kill and eat lizardman milking ratling archer kill ork while milking
    20378 find a stone club on the floor
    20520 kill a caveman and a crystal statue kill ratling archer find mithril small shield
    20658 kill orc scorcher and dwarven chaos knight get crude spear +1, 1d8+2 uncursed
    20687 kill berserker and white baby dragon
    20763 kill hillorc and ankheg wind yet another crude spear and eat hill orc
    20787 kill 4 mobs with book casted lightning bolt and find stairs
    20860 start roaming the explored level shooting things with arrows (wich i found)
    20909 kill hillgiant chieftyain with several lightning bolts altho get critted along the way down to 27 hp or so notice a non- hostile berserk lord..
    21004 distant wind, after getting pp i try to read divine wrath but gain no insights
    21065 run into ratling duelist he disarms me and while i shoot at him punches trough our hel so it drops to 0, +2 and drops me to 14 hp while fighting to death
    21185 use up the cold wand to kill a fire drake while at 24 hp.
    21228 berserker lord arives, somewhat hostile now and an acid vortex
    21232 i bolt the berserker and read scroll of darkness to kill vortex?
    21292 engulfed in roaring flames loose short bow and medium shield eat a melon at 27 hp
    21468 run into another ratling duelist, end up bolting him but also identify a shortbow +3, +2, another distant wind... ice vortex run by teleport to stairs and pray for pp and life
    21673 kill ice vortex by shooting and teleporting away so it can get to me
    21711 a werewolf lord and dire wolves apear equip a cursed orcish spear
    21738 i start to beat direwolves to get weapon marks on my curser spear i get hit critically down to 17 hp i pray and the ground rumbles, literacy up by +1
    21900 kill the direwolves and pray for the rest of the time
    22000 done still alive

so all in all used up lots of castings on both spells forgot to pick up the sword after the second fencer disarmed me, and so we are stuck with a cursed orchish spear altho got polearms up to 3 it was by beating the dire wolves. all in all a pretty chaotic turn when considering what the end result was. atleast one is safely on the stairs and has full hp and pp.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by riktikticheck; 05-16-2009 at 07:09 PM.

"And so the Ice maiden has survived two rounds... But the fun is just about to begin! OPEN THE GATE!" A chill runs down your spine as you hear a distant creaking. You shiver uncontrollably. "League of Ice, rend each other to shreds for our amusement!"
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Time for a double dose of masochism: Playing this character on out of depth levels while listening to the eurovision song contest.

22000 "You pray. You feel uncomfortable." No prayers for a while then.
    22001 Our girdle is of the carrying kind and not cursed.
    22002 Drank gray potion, it was booze.
    22003 Used final reading of Divine Wrath book.
    22168 Got our sword back, but can't equip it at the moment.
    22206 Killed the werewolf lord.
    22593 Killed all the remaining wolves, but with little reward.
    22659 Going down to I24
    22690 Killed a wraith, which was difficult with a cursed weapon. Lost 3 points of toughness.
    22697 Found and drank smelly potion: healing.
    22835 Lost plenty of HP to bear and wolf, so healing while using holy symbol.
    23074 Ate white baby dragon corpse.
    23116 Found tower shield.
    23257 Reached level 13. Trained two weapon combat.
    23277 Found and equipped ring of doom.
    23345 After killing plenty of spiders, a dark elf priestess appears. Time to retreat.
    23413 Ran into a frost giant. Went past it and locked the door behind.
    23447 At the stairs. Found a spellbook, which I try to read.
    23514 No longer uncomfortable when praying.
    23851 Spellbook is destroyed without successful reading. Time to do something chaotic.
    23852 Drink all potions except exchange. Clear = Training (Climbing). Thick = Raw mana. Blazing = boost toughness. Water = water (all three).
    23916 Explored a bit and teleported back to stairs up.
    23956 Explored some more and returned low on health. Using symbol for rest of turn.

http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_users/league3/meh.vlg
    Last edited by meh; 05-16-2009 at 11:41 PM.