Thread: Removing/dealing with confusion and stunning? Other than prevention, of course.

Default Removing/dealing with confusion and stunning? Other than prevention, of course.

Aside from using various commands that have the ability to prevent the character from staggering about, such as First Aid, cleaning ears, and chatting, what can one do to deal with confusion and stunning? I've tried searching for tips for confusion and only found the aforementioned advice. Specifically, I'm trying to find ways, other than prayer or waiting, of removing confusion and stunning. Most web pages that describe the effects of the IBM guild manual (which I just got by chaos dipping, haha) say that prayer is the only way to remove confusion from that scroll, which should imply that there are other methods of removing it than the above if the confusion is not from the manual, right?

Thanks

The other way is waiting, as far as I know. I've tried applying Concentration, but that probably has little more effect than First Aid or cleaning ears.

Confusion is one of the few tricks available to many boss creatures that work. Prevention is the way to go. That is one half of what makes the water orb so enormously good.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Some skills can surprisingly be used while confused or stunned. One of them is the ability to switch positions that monks and beastfighters gain. Another is Ventriloquism. Maybe I'm imagining things, but I even have the impression that ventriloquism helps to clear your mind when you're confused.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Prayer is the only way of instantly removing it, AFAIK. Having the appropriate resistance reduces the effects massively (by 50% or more) and multiple resistances stack. Having high luck (through +Fate, +Luck, wearing cat ring, ankh, bless spell) also improves confusion/stun resistance.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.